Oh no...I have a date!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mark3397 once bubbled...
Yeah, just don't bring too much crap. *grin* My car can't hold the kitchen sink.
I guess I shouldn't bring my canister light then :)

mark3397 once bubbled...
Nope, you need to go out and buy a Helios then.
You know, that's the scariest part of the whole class to me. When Tyler said he wanted to meet at EE I was already thinking "me in EE very bad, very bad indeed". I have to leave my credit card at home...that's for sure.

O-ring once bubbled...

I have to leave my credit card at home...that's for sure.

Take the card and pick up a Helios for me and you both.....You can drop it off when we dive together this summer. :D

Chad

Hey O-ring, keep me posted on that opening, please. I may change afterall. I take it SG is the one who may be dropping?

Marke3397 you are correct in that GUE Instructors don't **** with students in the manner you wrote about. I just finished my DIRF class last weekend. Outstanding instructor and even better class.

O-Ring,

I'm taking my cave 1 in Akumel, MX in Oct. 2003. PM MHK off list for some great advice. He is very helpful and approachable.

Good luck and have a great time.
Annie

mark3397 once bubbled...
Aye, that's me. *grin* Guess I'm bringing some bananas with me in July.

Contact me off the board if you want to know who you are really diving with. *heh*

mark@bish.net

Oh, let me quote a bit from GI a bit:
"... GUE has changed its policy on creating impaired situations artificially other than in controlled environments, if at all..."

and

"It means they don't **** with students any more... in caves or deep water, if at all. I have been against that all along . You don't learn **** by some monkey turning off your valves. There are a whole lot better ways of doing this and getting points across."

I wonder how this will affect our class.

The best advice is find a good instructor! It will be your base, for ever! And your life will be under his/her hands.... So, keep in mind that! And try to be in a group of three people, no more, no less.

well, after a long wait, I have acquired a spot in July for cave 1 with Tyler Moon and a couple of guys from the board. It should be fun. Now for the details...

Hey Mark, where are we staying again? Cadillac Motel?

There's room for 3 in the room, right?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom