OK here's a challenge!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you're on Atkins or South Beach:

1/2 c Ricotta or Cottage Cheese
1 tsp Cocoa
1 tsp espresso powder
1 packet or 2 sugar substitute
5 or 6 strawberries

Mix together, and enjoy!

Lie a banana on it's side, cut a section out of the skin and cut the banana in to about 6 sections, remove half the sections and replace with marshmallows. Sprinkle with a little brown sugar. Pop into a hot oven untill the marshmallow starts to melt. Remove from oven and allow to cool before service, Fantastic dessert for a kids party, or just to spoil yourself.

Death by Chocolate, has everything that you shouldn't eat with zillions of calories and plenty of fat grams. Reading all these posts made me think of this for some darn reason!!

Actually I like and use Wendys suggestions as to the Angel Food cake. Popcorn is also a winner in our house.

I don't know if the brand is the same in the US, but we have low-fat yoghurts called Muller-lite, which are 1.5 WW points. These come in flavours like toffee, chocolate, lemon-lime and so on and they are absolutely great when they are frozen! Just like a proper ice-cream!

cheers
Rosie

I made a variation to the angel food cake that was really good on Easter.

One angel food cake baked in a tube pan ( the box mixes are simple to make by the way)
Cool and remove from tube pan.
Make several holes with toothpick and pour liquid jello while still warm over the cake allowing jello to soak into the cake.

For Easter I used lime jello, then decorated with shredded coconut that I colored with green food coloring to make into Easter grass, spread around the bottom of cake and into the center hole topped off with sprinkled jelly beans. When serving I put cool whip on each slice then scooped a some of the coconut & jelly beans onto of each slice. It was yummy and a big hit.

I am going to adapt this for other occassions with different kinds of jello. I am thinking Fourth of July, strawberry and blueberry jello. With fresh fruit and cool whip.

I don't have the WW points worked out, but it must be low if using angel food cake, sugar free jello and the Lite Cool whip.

Gee, I'm so lazy. I make a packet of fat free jello, and eat all, as there is no fat, carbs, and no real calories to speak of. It satisfies my sweet tooth. I'm not an Atkins worshipper, nor WW, but get scared when I see layer upon layer of delicious chocolate. This is making me hungry. :) Better go before temptation comes a-knockin'. The recipes do look tasty, though. Thanks.

This one's not completely fat-free, but it's pretty low-fat and it's filling. Sorry the quantities aren't exact as I eyeball these, but it's pretty simple to get it right so :

1/2 cup non-fat, plain yogurt
1 packet equal (i hate artificial sweetener, but I swear you can't taste it here)
1/8 tsp vanilla extract
juice from 1/2 lime (can use lemon also)

Back
Top Bottom