OK, Let's Be Honest Guys......................

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
divemistress once bubbled...
if this is supposed to be a joke, it's been done. ad nauseum.
i thought it was ignorant and offensive the first several dozen times i read it. now, well, now it's time to log off before i go for the throat. or the b***s.

Men like boobs? You've got to be joking! When did this happen? Call the cops, quick!

:D

I visit the womens forum to get in touch with my feminine side. Once I'm done touching it, I lurk around here for a better understanding of women and what their perspective is.

Also, like my personal quote says..I think women divers are soo cool...so hey, why not peek in once, twice, or 3 times a day. :wink:

Jason

Seems it's ok for the guys to have fun and games with the female anatomy but it is somehow not appropriate for the male anatomy to be discussed in like terms because a child might read it. Give me a break! Let's just keep perpetuating the double standard. This is disgusting and outrageous

Whether or not you approve of the discussion, breasts, the use of tampons, menstrual periods, pregnancy, breast feeding, etc., are legitimate concerns for women who dive and for the people who care about those women.

Discussions about particular parts of the male anatomy are not issues which effect their ability to dive (at least not to my knowledge) and such discussions do not belong on this forum.

If you do not approve of the discussion of these female issues, feel free to refrain from viewing those threads.

the jibes were not leveled at the anatomy... but at the title. I'm sorry, but no man wrote that title... we just found it funny. With all of the emphasis in America that bigger is better, we found this to be contradictive to the status quo and thus funny.

However, IF there are specific posts that do cross the line, please refer them (the url) to me and I will check them out. We do not play a double standard here. On the other hand, if you would rather a female check them out, then please refer them to any of the female regulators.

We do our best to be prudish on this board... as our daughters or sons may someday read what we have written. Other than some gentle inuendo, we will not allow content of a graphic or obscene nature... male or female. Please consult your TOS if there are any doubts. Heck, we don't allow downright meanness either! We have pulled and edited posts (even yours, I believe) for their graphic content in the past, and we will continue to do so in the future. AND it doesn't matter if you are male or female... NO DOUBLE STANDARD!!!

That's my point! They are legitimate concerns to women and therefore I have a problem with the guys that get in there and respond with a sexually oriented post!

you just reported to me via email, one was posted by a woman, one was stating honestly that he was curious about the "big breasts problem" thread, and two were being sarchastic and making a jokes.

I, as a woman, welcome male input and curiosity about women's issues and am not offended by the occasional misplaced remark. This is a part of life, we women deal with this kind of thing everyday in our lives. I have found that getting upset and making a big deal about it only makes the problem worse. By giving them an "offended and insulted" reaction, you show them that they can get a rise out of you.

Ladydiver once bubbled...
I, as a woman, welcome male input and curiosity about women's issues and am not offended by the occasional misplaced remark. This is a part of life, we women deal with this kind of thing everyday in our lives. I have found that getting upset and making a big deal about it only makes the problem worse. By giving them an "offended and insulted" reaction, you show them that they can get a rise out of you.

As someone who simply checks out "view new posts" and looks at anything interesting no matter the board I must say that you stated your position quite articulately. However, as a male I would note that a firm, shortly worded "don't be such a pig" can have good effect. Humor well placed is better than engaging in a war of words that no one can win and which only encourages piggish behavior, however, it can tend to encourage lurking and trolling in some cases. :lurk:

I have no problem with men lurking or posting in the women only forum. It is the web after all.

I believe the forum title refers to the type of topics of discussion, not who is allowed to post or read.

I hope everyone keeps their posts respectful, though. Nobody should tell anyone what to think but please don't send messages with a demeaning context.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom