OK, Let's Be Honest Guys......................

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
with the idea that we women should just "deal" with offensive male behavior, rather than challenging it.

to me it sounds frighteningly close to the old line "if you can't fight it, just lay back and enjoy it."

which nauseates me.

judith

Ladydiver once bubbled...
I, as a woman, welcome male input and curiosity about women's issues and am not offended by the occasional misplaced remark. This is a part of life, we women deal with this kind of thing everyday in our lives. I have found that getting upset and making a big deal about it only makes the problem worse. By giving them an "offended and insulted" reaction, you show them that they can get a rise out of you.

I say it how I see it and to do otherwise would mean not being me. The little test last night demonstrated how reactive the guys might be if they had a lifetime dose of it. Heck, one post put things over the hill.

I find it amusing that you sound so aggrieved and yet posted this...
i take it you don't subscribe to the philosophy

"more than a -------- is a waste"?

signed,

judy
a rather chesty diver
So, why would you participate in such bawdy behavior on one thread and then condemn men for the same behavior here? Was it more convenient to condemn it here than there? Is it only permissible for women to jest about breasts? Were you not the one who has accused others of a double standard?

If you talk the talk, you should walk the walk! Or as it has been written, "let him who is without sin cast the first stone." You have ignored my previous post on this subject, I am sure it will be convenient to ignore this one as well.

my niece and her boyfriend have just dropped by. after they leave i'll try to find time to respond.

judith

This response has said volumes. So when are a few pointed questions "rabid"... or is it only OK for you to ask pointed questions?

OK, both of you are on time out. Go blow some bubbles and calm down. No posting until you have complete a 12 hour surface interval.
Your Kindergarden cop
:copper: :grrr:

I have to agree with GTADiver about the time out. I think we are at the verbal judo phase now. Nothing either side says will make the other side content.

The regulators have a job of censorship which can not be easy and if I was in their shoes I would find it difficult to take suggestions as positive suggestions instead of criticism.

Questions regarding menstration and diving, birth contol meds and diving etc are legitimate questions that get asked by women and concerned men as well. However, now that I have the definition of a troll....I think that Master Chief was just being a troll and this entire thing got off good educational sharing. I am certain that the Masterchief was booted off the board and was reincarnated as the analyst.

DiveMistress and Marinabroker are IMHO correct in that the censorship does not appear to be equal. However, if edited messages do not indicate that they have been edited there is no way to tell just how many messages have been edited.

I do not beleive that divemistress had any intention of being confrontational nor does NetDoc and Ladydiver...that is the problem with e-mail sort of forums as you can not tell tone and emotion. DiveMistress' comments on the board make it enjoyable. Her initial post was clearly about safety and did not trivilize it in any way. Sort of made me ashamed to be a male.

I am babbling instead of bubbling. Bottom line is that its time to change tanks and continue on.

Her Lashes will have to wait. H A P P Y B I R T H D A Y Divemistress !!!!
:balloon: :Birthday: :drummer:

some of the exchanges in this thread and in "traveling question" have gotten very personal, and imo, inappropriate for a public board.

if you would like to pursue this discussion, let's take it to PMs. and let's put the gloves back on -- we can discuss this in a more civil fashion.

tonight's ugliness has taken a toll on me. i don't plan to logon on sunday. but monday i'll try to address any posts you send me, and hope you will do the same for me.

judith

p.s. what previous post are you referring to here?

NetDoc once bubbled...
I find it amusing that you sound so aggrieved and yet posted this...

So, why would you participate in such bawdy behavior on one thread and then condemn men for the same behavior here? Was it more convenient to condemn it here than there? Is it only permissible for women to jest about breasts? Were you not the one who has accused others of a double standard?

If you talk the talk, you should walk the walk! Or as it has been written, "let him who is without sin cast the first stone." You have ignored my previous post on this subject, I am sure it will be convenient to ignore this one as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom