Ok, which is more difficult?

Which is more difficult, shooting macro or wide?

• Macro is more difficult

Votes: 13 28.9%
  • Wide is more difficult

Votes: 32 71.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Probably. For me, I find the "best" images are those that are not equipment dependent. A unique scene, interesting animal behavior, and getting the shot because you were there are all a much bigger deal than having the best gear and shooting a passive subject.
Divemaster Dennis

Wow! You dug deep to resurrect this old thread! Before you can capture that unique image you speak of, you need decent equipment. I spent five years trying to get decent shots of seals and sea lions at play with a point and shoot camera that was quite decent in its day but too slow on the trigger. What I got was a lot of pictures of where the animal used to be and a cloud of silt-maybe a tail going away. Then I spent enough money to buy a really nice used car on a better camera and housing and I have taken wide angle shots of Sea Lions at play that I couldn't have dreamed of with my old rig, which at over $2K with strobes and add on lenses, etc. wasn't cheap.
BTW, in response to OP's query, no contest. Wide is waaaay harder.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom