Old Bottles & Sea Glass

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When I lived on LI NY we used to dive at the end of Miller Ave in Freeport. It was the site of a long ago demolished drinking establishment. That was the best place I have ever seen for bottle collectors. I have collected more bottles in this location than anywhere else I have been diving. It was 15' deep and there were a variety of bottles from 1860's to the 1930's (along with more recent "trash") It was very interesting collecting and researching bottles from this time period. Through research we were able to witness the change from bottles containing alchohol to bottles during prohibition containing Near Beer and pop.

I also have bottles from wrecks such as the Lizzy D (prohibition rum runner) and the SS Constellation in Bermuda (the wreck the movie The Deep was based on).
Bottles are a really neat way to touch a part history. One's trash is another's treasure.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom