old jetfins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The scubapro fins w/o the lighting bolts were made from a "hard rubber" compound. Clean them by soaking them in the bathtub with a mild dishwashing liquid and rinse well with clean water. Spray Armorall on them (not the straps) and hang them up to dry. If the fins have a dry or dull look then you may need to rub in the Armorall and spray them several times. This conditions the rubber and makes the fins look good. I have a pair of "Jets" I purchased in 1968 that I'm still using ....... have gone thru several fins straps (keeping an extra pair of straps in your "save-a-dive kit" is always a good idea). The SCUBAPRO JET FIN is one of the most copied designs out there. A good set might last 50 years if taken care of.

Like scubapro50, I still hve the jetfins I went thrue my first open water class in 1970. I'm thinking they will last me for the rest of my life. The only thing I have had to do is replace the straps every 3-4 years. And it's great, the original straps are still avalable. I wish all my gear lasted that long.

sas0814:
heyya fellas n fellitas,
recientlly i picked up a pair of scubapro jetfins for like 30 bucks offa guy i met...

Congrats on finding a great pair of fins, add a couple spring straps and you'll be set for life!:D

Poog

scubapro50:
The scubapro fins w/o the lighting bolts were made from a "hard rubber" compound. Clean them by soaking them in the bathtub with a mild dishwashing liquid and rinse well with clean water. Spray Armorall on them (not the straps) and hang them up to dry.
==========================================
I've got the original USD Rockets (Circa 1971) so this is a little off topic, but they're also made of rubber and instead of the Armorall I have always sprayed them with silicone after the post dive trip rinse. Then I rub in the silicone by hand and put them away for the next trip. Minor scratches here and there but otherwise (like your Jets) they could pass for "almost new".

Like another poster said ...don't we all wish more equipment would last that long !!

'Slogger

Footslogger:
scubapro50:
The scubapro fins w/o the lighting bolts were made from a "hard rubber" compound. Clean them by soaking them in the bathtub with a mild dishwashing liquid and rinse well with clean water. Spray Armorall on them (not the straps) and hang them up to dry.
==========================================
I've got the original USD Rockets (Circa 1971) so this is a little off topic, but they're also made of rubber and instead of the Armorall I have always sprayed them with silicone after the post dive trip rinse. Then I rub in the silicone by hand and put them away for the next trip. Minor scratches here and there but otherwise (like your Jets) they could pass for "almost new".

Like another poster said ...don't we all wish more equipment would last that long !!

'Slogger
SILICONE will work but it's expensive. Hey ... I still own a Voit MR12 regulator and a Scubapro MK10 that work like new because we can still get parts and service ..... unlike some of the older Dacor, Sportways, White Stag, and Nemrod type stuff.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom