Old valves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was quite sure you were incorrect about pressure gages being made for SP that early. I had thought that Sportways first introduced them and that it was much later than 1962, (I've been wrong before).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yep! You sure are so incorrect !

The first SPG was made in France and used by Le Prieur in his SCUBA unit in 1926...90 years ago
it was followed by other French units all before JYCs bubble machine was invented and introduced into the American Market. The original Aqualungs did not have provisions for a SPG.

The first American produced and marketed SPG was by a California company by the name of Mar Mac in 1955, for $19.95. A very rugged well made unit but with some design defects

Followed by USD in 1957 (a California company)

Then Sportsways in 1958 (a California company)

Then Diving Industries in 1959 (a California company)

The remainder of the diving companies of that era all introduced SPGs with in the next five or so years.

And that is the way it was...

SDM

Public Safety Diver ?

Now that is a new title ! -- that doesn't apply !

sdm

Last edited:
LOL. Those bench pictures look like the "find the 12 differences in these pictures" game in the Sunday magazine in my newspaper!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom