Olympus E-520 & PT-E05 Housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I forgot to mention that it still has a double Oring. Again with the outer main ring facing out, the inside one acts like the old main seal would and seals against the door.

Pyro,
Athena makes a bracket arm which attaches to their port. This allows you to place a wet diopter over the lens/port, or remove it while in the water. I find wet diopters indispensible because they give you a lot of versatility.

Congatualtions to the housing!!!

Looks very solid.

What about the optical fiber connectors, can you get loose plugs that you attach the bare fiber end from a previous optical cable?

Could it be that the buttons depress more easily due to the 40m max depth rating of this housing in comparasion to 60m to earlier housings, or am I off track here...

Cheers.
/Johan

Pyro,
Athena makes a bracket arm which attaches to their port. This allows you to place a wet diopter over the lens/port, or remove it while in the water. I find wet diopters indispensible because they give you a lot of versatility.

Over the dome port? Cool that could be a very usefull combination.

What about the optical fiber connectors, can you get loose plugs that you attach the bare fiber end from a previous optical cable?

Could it be that the buttons depress more easily due to the 40m max depth rating of this housing in comparasion to 60m to earlier housings, or am I off track here...

The connectors for the fiber optic cable is a standard Sea&Sea deal. Very nice connector. Its the same holes I had in my Athena Adapter from the previous housing.

The PT-E03 also had a 40M depth rating but the buttons were brutal to push. I've got mixed emotions about that of course. The older buttons appeared bullet proof while the new ones don't quite give you that feeling.

Hi Gary,

The Athena dome port for the 14 to 42 zoom will NOT work with the 12 to 60 zoom and it would be unlikely to work with a lens as wide as the 9 to 18 zoom.

Looks like some nice improvements have been made since moving to a new vender for this housing. UN has been completely removed from the Olympus website in Japan and is now on their own for the sale of the E-510 housing.

I am working on trying to get a 9 to 18 zoom for Digital Jam in Mexico next week along with the E-520/PT-E05 combo.

Hope this works out better for you than last set.

Phil

Back
Top Bottom