OMG What am I doing?!?!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Some of my GUE friends in the Philippines were trained by Gideon Liew, who I believe is based out of Singapore.

They spoke very highly of him!! I'm sure it will be a fantastic experience!

Good luck with your class!!

One of Gideon's PI students should be in touch with you soon ;-)!

Like others have already said, the base skills from Essentials will help.

It’s worthwhile to do some practice dives to refresh those skills.

I'm so excited for you!! Have Fun Greg!!!

When you're finished I'd like to know what differences you notice between GUE Fundies and UTDs Essentials training if you don't mind.

Good luck, and I know you'll have fun.

Gideon is a great guy. You could not landed in better hands for that course.

In my experience with (one) GUE instructor ... they like baked goods. It may not help you in the water, but it's worth a try :D

Have a great class. Relax, enjoy, do the best you can without letting it frustrate you. In short ... Have FUN. It'll be great.

Henrik

I can also add that one in your neck of the woods really enjoys starbucks. "venti skinny vanilla mochafrocha latte pachino" LOL and another from the midwest likes subway.

Don't sweat the class just enjoy it! I'm sure you'll have a great time. I've so far really enjoyed all of my GUE training, can't wait to continue on with cave.

I can also add that one in your neck of the woods really enjoys starbucks. "venti skinny vanilla mochafrocha latte pachino" LOL and another from the midwest likes subway.

:rofl3: I know him and it's the same instructor who likes the baked goods and he also likes Ichiban's Sushi boat!!!

Thank you everyone for the words of encouragement! I know I've started a few fires here in the DIR section but it's all been in an earnest desire to learn from the community, I appreciate the support that you all freely give not only to myself but many others and each other.

Kathy: Thanks for that contact info, we've talked a bit already but they will be giving me a full run-down next week. Many mahalos.

Henrik: While my baking skills are proficient enough only to sustain life in the event of nuclear holocaust, a friend's wife is getting into baking hardcore so I will make sure to procure some goodies for class :wink:.

Randy: I will definitely remember to post some first-hand differences between the two classes, as I've often been curious as well.

I'll be sure to let you all know how it goes down in a month or so :D .

Peace,
Greg

Henrik: While my baking skills are proficient enough only to sustain life in the event of nuclear holocaust, a friend's wife is getting into baking hardcore so I will make sure to procure some goodies for class :wink:

Peace,
Greg

Oh, I can't bake to save my life either. My wife fortunately is very good at it, and enjoys baking too. Getting a good baker to help is key for the "bribe" to work as intended :wink:

Henrik

Greg,

I'm glad to hear you were able to sign up for the class! After having enjoyed a few awesome dives with you, I know you're going to do just fine. So just relax, dive for fun as you normally do, and definitely don't go crazy with practice, or sweating any minor differences between UTD and GUE procedures. You're already well-poised to get the most out of Fundies.

Best of luck!

buoyancy and trim. if you can stay horizontal and hover that's 90% of it right there

That's a very good point. Sorting out your weighting issues beforehand is crucial if the class is well attended. The instructor may not have time to address the issue with all participants if the need exists. Without proper weight distribution your hovering ability will be much more difficult if not imposiable. From the sound of the instructor's accolades from the others he may be very proficent in this regard though. You are lucky...

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom