Omniswivel Gas Switch Block for Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I still cannot fathom all of that old DGX sturm und drang about manifold use, with that grand concern for end user error, when just about their whole catalogue is susceptible to that, from various shut-off valves, to rebreathers, on down . . .
Great review! I wonder whether DGX are more thinking of switch blocks like this hideous creation - I would be too embarrassed to even put that monstrosity on my youtube channel!

If I am looking at the new Omniswivel switch block right then it should be possible to connect two cylinders of the same gas on opposite sides of the switch block and a second gas type as well - e.g. your onboard diluent + offboard dil/deep bailout on opposite sides directly opposed to each other, and then your 50% shallow bailout in one of the other ports?

If I am looking at the new Omniswivel switch block right then it should be possible to connect two cylinders of the same gas on opposite sides of the switch block and a second gas type as well - e.g. your onboard diluent + offboard dil/deep bailout on opposite sides directly opposed to each other, and then your 50% shallow bailout in one of the other ports?
The switch block realistically only allows for the control of two air sources, through the twin male inlets and a single female outlet for the full face mask, regardless of any notion of the addition of Y-blocks or other splitters, that I have heard suggested.

I have never seen it used otherwise -- always, the k.i.s.s principle . . .

The switch block realistically only allows for the control of two air sources, through the twin male inlets and a single female outlet for the full face mask, regardless of any notion of the addition of Y-blocks or other splitters, that I have heard suggested.

I have never seen it used otherwise -- always, the k.i.s.s principle . . .
I was thinking that it might be possible to have both onboard dil and offboard deep bailout plumbed in opposite each other with the offboard cylinder turned off, and then the switchable gas being 50%

I was thinking that it might be possible to have both onboard dil and offboard deep bailout plumbed in opposite each other with the offboard cylinder turned off, and then the switchable gas being 50%
Omniswivel also markets a "manual injection valve" specifically for CCR applications . . .

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-06-16 at 2.41.38 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-06-16 at 2.41.38 PM.png
    188.5 KB · Views: 166
  • Screen Shot 2023-06-16 at 2.42.40 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-06-16 at 2.42.40 PM.png
    110 KB · Views: 41
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom