XDeep First Stage recall

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This has been out for some time. I own an XDeep regulator, I was contacted by the retailer, who shipped it back to XDeep, repaired and returned the regulator and included a nice hoody as well.

They were proactive and honest, and it must've hurt them, but I appreciate the approach more than hiding it like the defects of one regulator manufacturer I heard about (the seats I believe) who just silently changed parts when it was serviced next.

They were responsive and acted correctly and the regulator is awesome. Ordered my next one already but the demand is quite high. Have no issue recommending them. It is the manufacturers that don't report or do recalls that you have to worry about.
Yeah the regs do seem to tick all the boxes for me. Just waiting to hear if my local shops can service them before buying. As you will know being in the Middle East can make getting things serviced such as regs harder

For sure.

Besides being very flexible in how you can use it for twins, SM, bailout, stage etc (I don't like to swap over regs all the time, so I have separate regs for separate configurations anyway and not a big issue for me) the number of ports and flexibility on how to position them is a winner for me for some uses. Particularly where I need more than three low pressure ports facing downwards. Not a lot of regs can do that for you.

Particularly where I need more than three low pressure ports facing downwards. Not a lot of regs can do that for you.
Aside from the NX700 and Apeks Tec3, which other first stages can do that?

Aside from the NX700 and Apeks Tec3, which other first stages can do that?
The Tec3 isn’t more than three right? The ScubaForce Black Devil Pro is similar to Tec3 with three LP ports per side. I don’t think the NX700 allows for four LP ports out of one direction. @Seameadow did you mean more than 2? Or what are you doing that needs four LP hoses pointing in one orientation?

I want three LP ports pointing in one direction for bailouts (Regulator, BCD/wing/inflator hose and bailout QC6 hose)

(As an aside, on my last dive I needed to connect the bailout BCD hose to my wing inflate to preserve my diluent as it was running down my diluent with an undulating dive profile)

Recall form – XDEEP

Looks like another recall for a different issue this time.

It sounds like they aren't going to try to fix it, just refund or replace with a CX100 (plus a voucher to use on future Xdeep stuff)

Recall form – XDEEP

Looks like another recall for a different issue this time.

It sounds like they aren't going to try to fix it, just refund or replace with a CX100 (plus a voucher to use on future Xdeep stuff)
Yep. Someone broke a turret screw. From the recall notice.

Our quality assurance program received one report of a first stage with a broken turret connection screw, which resulted in a complete turret failure. ...

We’ve come to believe that the screw may fail due to an impact such as a falling tank or after many working cycles due to mechanical stress. This leads us to conclude that the screw is potentially not strong enough, forcing us to rethink this component's engineering completely.

They are recalling all NX700 first stages. They don't have a fix so currently only options are exchange for the non-turret version and a 100 Euro voucher or get a refund:

How to proceed?
We are offering our clients the option to either:

- Exchange their NX700 1st stages with the turretless CX100 1 st stage and receive the voucher worth 100 EUR for the future purchase of XDEEP products.
- receive a full refund for both 1st and 2nd stage.

BTW, they need to do better QA on their recall notices as well. They obviously started with a copy and paste from the previous diaphragm recall and they accidentally left the following on this (broken turret screw) notice.

Important: Even though we have not detected nor received any notifications about any failures or abnormalities caused by the over extensive use of the membrane, this part's even remotely possible damage could lead to severe consequences in the form of free-flowing 2nd stage or increased breathing effort to the point of breathing becoming impossible. For these reasons, please do not use your regulator unit until it's serviced by the authorized service technician indicated by us or by us.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom