XDeep First Stage recall

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GDHLEWIS

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!

Product Recall: XDeep First Stage Diving Regulator (2201-0363)​

Product recall for XDeep First Stage Diving Regulator presenting a high asphyxiation risk.
From:Office for Product Safety and StandardsPublished5 April 2022

Alert type:Product recallRisk level:HighProduct category:OtherMeasure type:Recall of the product from end usersRecall/alert date:11 March 2022

Contents​

1. Summary
  2. Product information
  3. Hazard
  4. Corrective action
    1. Additional information

Summary​

Product: XDeep First Stage Diving Regulator
Hazard: The product presents a risk of asphyxiation as in a few cases there were detected traces of above-standard signs of the wear of the membrane.
Corrective action: The product has been recalled from end users.

Product information​

TypeOther – Diving regulator
ModelNX700
Country of OriginItaly
Product descriptionSilver metal first stage diving regulator, with NX700 and model number on the device stamped into the device.
Product Report and ImageLink to product image and PDF

Hazard​

The product presents a high asphyxiation risk as during standard yearly maintenance of the NX700 1st stages, in a few cases there were detected traces of above-standard signs of the wear of the membrane. Broken membrane may lead to breathing in gas, increased breathing effort or not sufficient breathing gas flow.

Corrective action​

The product has been recalled from end users.

Additional information​

PSD case number: 2201-0363
Notified by: Office for Product Safety and Standards
Published 5 April 2022

So I gather they have some bad diaphragms?
Would seem to be the case. Came across the recall and figured Id post it as it doesn't seem to be to posted in other forums about it. I was looking at the Xdeeps for a new reg set...maybe Ill wait another month now lol

Would seem to be the case. Came across the recall and figured Id post it as it doesn't seem to be to posted in other forums about it. I was looking at the Xdeeps for a new reg set...maybe Ill wait another month now lol
It’s not a lot of info, the recall from end user sounds final, not recall for repair or adjustment so the actual cause can be a bad design that over clamps the diaphragm or just bad material, hope more info is forthcoming

Important safety notice and recall for NX700 1st stage

If you own NX700 regulator, please stop using it immediately and carefully read the message below.

For the information in other languages, please follow this link (PDF will open):

1.png

What is it about?

NX700 scuba breathing regulators are made in Italy by a manufacturer with many years of experience in this type of product. Before market launch, they have been extensively tested during many months of rigorous tests in extremely demanding conditions.

Unfortunately, during standard yearly maintenance of the NX700 1st stages, in few cases, we have detected traces of above-standard signs of the wear of the membrane. We have not detected nor received any notifications about any actual failure or abnormalities caused by the wear. Nevertheless, we have decided to update all NX700 first stages to the newest available version, where any chances of the mentioned abnormalities have been completely eliminated.

Important: Even though we have not detected nor received any notifications about any failures or abnormalities caused by the over extensive use of the membrane, this part's even remotely possible damage could lead to severe consequences in the form of free-flowing 2nd stage or increased breathing effort to the point of breathing becoming impossible. For these reasons, please do not use your regulator unit until it's serviced by the authorized service technician indicated by us or by us.

All NX700 1st stages manufactured between May 2019 and November 2021 are subject to this maintenance recall. The manufacturing date is clearly indicated above the LP port on the unit's body. The first four digits identify the year and month of manufacturing (e.g., 1905 means May 2019) If your regulator has been manufactured before 11.2021, immediately stop using it and contact your dealer, where you have purchased your unit or us directly.

2.png

What we are going to do:

First, you need to register your unit/s in this online form and await further instructions from your dealer or directly from us. When we receive your NX700 first stage, it will undergo a free, full periodic maintenance service and the body of the dry chamber body will be exchanged to a new updated version.

This service will be performed by our designated regional service centers or at our own facilities in Europe. Due to logistical reasons as well as the time required for shipments, the total service and return delivery time will be 6-12 weeks, depending on the exact location. The maintenance will be performed free of charge.

How to proceed?

1. If you own NX700 1st stage, please fill out the form below.
  2. Give us about a week to return with the information how to proceed with the shipment. Every customer will be informed by email.
  3. Follow the instructions in the email you get from us.
If you own more than one unit of regulators that qualify for the update, you can add them to the "regulator data" category in the form below.

Additional information

To compensate the inconvenience caused to our clients, we have decided that every NX700 set owner will get a free XDEEP Signature Hoodie in the chosen size and color (black or grey). You can choose your preferred color and size in the online registration form below.

The data you are providing in this form will be used solely for the purpose of this maintenance recall. We will not be sending you any other unrelated messages.

If you have any further questions, please get in touch with support@xdeep.pl for assistance.

Seems an over clamping issue, if you are looking for one and they have the newer version I don’t see a need to wait, they seem to be on top of it, the sign of a good company.

Seems an over clamping issue, if you are looking for one and they have the newer version I don’t see a need to wait, they seem to be on top of it, the sign of a good company.
Still going to wait, pay day needs to come first and I need to speak to the local dive shops to see if they can even service these regs before buying. I agree Xdeep does seem to be on top of it

This has been out for some time. I own an XDeep regulator, I was contacted by the retailer, who shipped it back to XDeep, repaired and returned the regulator and included a nice hoody as well.

They were proactive and honest, and it must've hurt them, but I appreciate the approach more than hiding it like the defects of one regulator manufacturer I heard about (the seats I believe) who just silently changed parts when it was serviced next.

They were responsive and acted correctly and the regulator is awesome. Ordered my next one already but the demand is quite high. Have no issue recommending them. It is the manufacturers that don't report or do recalls that you have to worry about.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom