OMS 32lbs single tank wing - any comments ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

furmirek

Registered
Reaction score
I am evolutionary switching to BP (so far with single tank...) and feel unhappy - there is no input about OMS (very similar to Oxycheq one) 32 lbs wing. Does anybody have any comments about that wing ?

Horseshoe wing, pull dump, very long inflator hose.

Cheap, though.

It's a horseshoe wing, as opposed to a donut wing. Air will flow from one side to the other only via the top of the wing, not the bottom. This can be a problem if you're horizontal or head down in the water.

Most wings are Horseshoe cells and no big deal about it, in my opinion, you should go for the 45# bladder, that way you can use the same bladder with doubles when the time comes, if you don't ever plan to use doubles, the diference between 32# and 45# lift bladders isn't that big.

I currently use my 45# bungied wing with a single cylinder and I don't see problems with it.

Here are some links to OMS and Dive Rite

http://www.omsdive.com/buoyancy.html#DUALBLADDER

http://www.diverite.com/products/bcd/cells.htm

I currently use my 45# bungied wing with a single cylinder and I don't see problems with it.

I have never dove a bungied wing,because of the warnings about air being trapped
I know the DIR fundamenals book says never to use them

For single I use a Oxycheq 30

dive safe

mark s

I have one, love it, and wouldn't trade it for anything else. All the crap you'll hear about it not being a full donut is just that. None of the perceived problems exist. I let several divers down here borrow mine and they ended up buying one. I use it with a Faber98.

furmirek:
I am evolutionary switching to BP (so far with single tank...) and feel unhappy - there is no input about OMS (very similar to Oxycheq one) 32 lbs wing. Does anybody have any comments about that wing ?

I have an OMS set up for Tech diving and decided to go with the smaller OMS rig for shallower hunting and reef diving. When I got it set up I didn't like how the harness was set up and it wasn't comfortable. I went with a Halcyon set up instead. I rearranged the harness set up and its the most streamlined and comfortable set up I've ever tried. Just my two cents...

Scubaroo:
The 32lb wing on this page?

http://www.omsdive.com/buoyancy.html

It's a horseshoe, not a donut. Look closely at the bottom of the wing. It also lacks mutliple sets of grommets to allow the wing to be moved up and down the backplate for trim adjustment.
My OMS bp's have multiple holes to do the same thing. I'd rather have the versatility in the plate.

Back
Top Bottom