OMS 32lbs Single Wing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah, buying used is definitely an option. Thanks for your insight on OMS lowviz.

Speaking of wings, you guys have any brands/models you like for twinsets? Not that I'm jumping right into tech, just wondering for future reference. OMS has a pretty affordable price on their non-bungee'd double wings, but I'm wondering if I should go the uniform route or try another brand to see if I like it better (or look more southern...jk).

http://www.leisurepro.com/p-omspdw/oms-performance-double-wings-45-lbs-204-kg-lift

... Speaking of wings, you guys have any brands/models you like for twinsets?
Ha! I know that you are baiting me, (look at your own avatar) but I'll bite anyway. -you have a sense of humor...
... to see if I like it better (or look more southern...jk).
SMS 75, maybe? :wink:

One thing I would consider with your wing is replacing the OPV and that dangly thing with the one for Deep Sea Supply with the nice thick cord.

But... but... what if I kinda like the dangly thing?

And yes, it does have an OMS STA attached (the backplate is OMS as well). Hasn't been a hindrance for me at all.

I would not imply that the sta was a hinderance, only that it is akin to having 2 spare tires in the car. I could see its value if it housed weights or something , or it allowed the wing to fully inflate for another pound or so lift.

I would not imply that the sta was a hinderance, only that it is akin to having 2 spare tires in the car. I could see its value if it housed weights or something , or it allowed the wing to fully inflate for another pound or so lift.
Truth be told I haven't tried it yet without the adapter. It just seemed like a good idea for stabilization and added weight. Can't confirm if it makes a significant difference. I do like the idea of only having to unscrew the adapter to remove/swap out the wing as opposed to unthreading and rethreading the cam straps.

Truth be told I haven't tried it yet without the adapter. It just seemed like a good idea for stabilization and added weight. Can't confirm if it makes a significant difference. I do like the idea of only having to unscrew the adapter to remove/swap out the wing as opposed to unthreading and rethreading the cam straps.

There should be no difference when it comes to changing wings. You have to remove straps the same way with our without unlessy our straps pass through the sta instead of the plate. You cought me on that one. Downside to the sta-less wings is that the tank is closer to you and as such the valve is closer to your head so you may hit the valve when you look up. With the tank closer to you, your wing has less room to inflate, unless the wing was made to provide a MIN amount of lift with large tank and no sta. This is what DSS does as i understand. I think i loose about 4# of lift with my LP 8" tank on when using the oxycheq but not the OMS.Lookat thpe icsof the 2 wings adn you can see why.

Yeah, buying used is definitely an option. Thanks for your insight on OMS lowviz.

Speaking of wings, you guys have any brands/models you like for twinsets? Not that I'm jumping right into tech, just wondering for future reference. OMS has a pretty affordable price on their non-bungee'd double wings, but I'm wondering if I should go the uniform route or try another brand to see if I like it better (or look more southern...jk).

http://www.leisurepro.com/p-omspdw/oms-performance-double-wings-45-lbs-204-kg-lift

Your doubles wing is really going to depend upon the tanks you are diving. If you are going with steels you will need more in the range of a 55-60lb wing. 45lb would be more along the lines of double AL80s..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom