OMS comfort I vs OMS comfort II vs OMS IQ

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pelsung

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm hoping there is a OMS expert out there to field these questions for me.

1, What is the difference between the OMS IQ pac and the Comfort Harness Systems?

2, Is the only difference between the Comfort Harness System I and Comfort Harness System II the adjustable oblique strap?
2a, If that is the only difference, why would someone want the Comfort Harness
System I when the II could simply be adjusted to fit the same way, while
still allowing for growth and changes later?

1 A pac does not have back plate so if you plan on using doubles get a plate.
2 some people may see the comfort 1 as more fail safe because theres less adjustabilty and plastic to break.

The comfort 2 has 2 more D-rings than the comfort 1 Between those 2 harnesses I say go with whatever is comfortable and fits your needs. The IQ pac a believe can be used with or without a plate. It includes a back pad and is a bit more buoyant. I dive a Comfort 1 I didn't feel the need for the extra D-rings of the comfort 2. The IQ pac I look at as only needed if you dive regularly in a bathing suit otherwise with even a shortie I have not found a need for the extra padding. Even the few times I have opted to don my gear without neoprene I found a t-shirt all the protection needed.

Back
Top Bottom