Advice on Scubapro glide vs hydros-X

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dr.fish

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi,

Can anyone comment on these BCDs? Comfort, performance, features? I plan to use mostly for travel and in warm water.

My concern about the hydros-X is the lack of a cumberbund and potential comfort from this omission. Does the BCD move on you because of the lack of cumberbund? On the plus sides, I really like the features and the ability to remove the weight quick release as I don't travel with weights. The chest harness looks really comfortable.

The glide looks like more of a traditional front adjust jacket style BCD. Looks like it should be comfortable and adjust to fit well. Probably similar to the rentals I've been using. Still has some features like grommets for a knife. The chest harness and straps are less adjustable than on the hydros-X.

So, hydros-X vs glide. Unfortunately not possible to evaluate in person because of where I live.

Thanks so much!

im wondering about the hydros X myself, it looks nice, its expensive. i have handled one and tried one on. but thats about it. i have spoken to people in person that dive it and they love it... but is it worth the cost?

Lack of a cumberbund worried me when I got my SP LiteHawk BCD for travel. Comfort and stability are great. I do not miss a cumberbund a bit. But I am on the heavy side, so I already have a lot of built in padding around the middle.

I’ve used my Hydros for over 100 dives now and cannot think of a more comfortable BCD for single backmount tank config. I found it MUCH more comfortable than the Glide. Con… the price. In my opinion it was worth it, but YMMV.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom