OMS Featherweight

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok folks! Finally we have a winner! Winnah, winnah, lobstah Dinnah!

Sorry. :p I went to the LDS fully intent on making purchase of the Scuba Pro LItehawk. I tried it on and it felt fine. I found the weight pockets and trim pockets etc that would adorn the find new BC and had everything set. I then noticed the Oceanic Islander 2! Hmmm.... The owner of the LDS swears by his Islander and Islander 2 and has been diving them for years all over the world. He had shows me one a year or more ago and I for some reason glazed right past it. This time I gave it a tour around the shop.

I was amazed to discover after weghing the Islander, and the litehawk with all related dodads and pockets that the weight of each was the same. 7.2 pounds overall in XXL islander and XL Litehawk. Well, that defeats the purpose of a "travel BC". So, lets test out the Seahawk. What I see as the do all end all BC with Back inflate! 9.5 pounds! Whew! Made very well but it is just as heavy as my current Tusa Liberator Sigma, although not a poodle jacket.

After considering the fan dangled pockets for weights, junk, and fit/finish I went with the Islander 2!

Islander2.jpg

Seems as though this should make trips to the warmer side just as well as a cold water dive with 22 pounds of lead on me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom