One for the gals (

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bnc1978

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
hi girls, (mrs BNC here) MEN -DO NOT READ THIS POST IF YOU ARE SQUEAMISH!!

I have a question regarding diving and menstrating. Has anyone dived whilst menstrating ? how do they find using "sanitary inserts"

please let me know.

Mrs BNC

Men who get squeamish over periods are pretty lame... Tough luck if they read this, they should get over it. :wink:

I have a question regarding diving and menstrating. Has anyone dived whilst menstrating ? how do they find using "sanitary inserts"

please let me know.

Mrs BNC

Tampons are fine. :)

There is no reason not to dive while menstuating, unless your periods are so debilitatiing that you don't feel up to physical activity. It can be awkward managing hygiene on a dive boat with no head, if you bleed heavily, but there is no medical or safety issue.
Tampons are fine, but you may find you have to change them more frequently than you otherwise would. Some women have good results with the Diva Cup or other similar products, which have the advantage of not absorbing water.
No reason to skip a dive because of the "time of the month"!

please let me know.

Mrs BNC

No squeams here. In fact, since I dive regularily with a couple of females, I keep in my save-a-dive kit feminine hygene just so we don't have to call a dive.

No squeams here. In fact, since I dive regularily with a couple of females, I keep in my save-a-dive kit feminine hygene just so we don't have to call a dive.

Great idea. I'll be sure to tuck a few in his save a dive kit just in case I need 'em. BTW, they are great in a camera housing as a preventative to "almost" water damage too.

Has anyone used a diva cup while diving deep? The product has a few 'air holes' along the rim...seems like it might trap air and cause a 'squeeze' on the way down....wondering if anyone has any experience with diving with a diva.

I just use a tampon and have had no worries.

Me too, but if there is no private toilet on the boat - replacement between dives gets kinda creative :blinking:

Back
Top Bottom