One for the gals (

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Over the years I have worked in water and been diving, I have spent many, many days stuck in my wetsuit until I could reach a shower to strip down and clean up.

The best tampon I ever found for serious water use was OB silk-glide, as the wrapping allowed for 'higher' installation, and it did not have as much tendency to 'wick' as others. However, I still had leaks, and had to stay in my wetsuit, just in case.

Then I found the DivaCup, and have never looked back. Home - DivaCup

I have had my DivaCup for a year now, and as far as I'm concerned, it's the greatest gadget on earth. NO cramps! NO leaks! NO stained bathing suit and messy wetsuit after diving!

I gave it a workout on a dive cruise last spring - A LONG day, two long dives (one deep), getting knocked around on a small boat, and cleaning up two sets of gear before I took off my wetsuit and checked. No problem, and it was the very worst day. It made all the following dives stress-free - and I was able to strip out of my wetsuit without fear.

That being said... the DivaCup does have a bit of a learning curve on the best installation technique for you, and can be a little icky until you get the hang of it.

I got a little week-early surprise last month while out of town for the day, and I didn't have my Diva with me. I had to bum a tampon from a co-worker, and I probably set a speed record getting home to get my Diva. About 5 minutes after the switch, the cramps that I had suffered with all day stopped. Completely.

Of course, your mileage may vary... but the DivaCup sure has made my life easier!

Wendy

The diva cup sounds really interesting. I use tampons and have no issues, but the environment would certainly love me more, and so would my pocketbook. I'm going to give them a try. Thanks ya'll.

Diva Cups are on special at Drugstore.com - $32.49, and a free Diva Wash with purchase if you click through to the main display (until December 23rd).

Buy The DivaCup Model 2 Online at drugstore.com

After the debacle last month - I wanted an extra to have in my office in case I get another surprise.

Happy Holidays and great diving to everyone!

Wendy

On the DivaCup, do you only use these when diving, exercise, swimming etc, or do you use them on a daily basis? Just curious, what the above users do...

Im not concerned about the depth, and pressure concerns. But heavy flow is my problem... And sometimes I have to change my fem product every 45 mins to an hour, because of accidents.

Im going to check out the Diva Cup on the weekends, till I get the hang of it. And I saw about measuring your flow, because you'll know how much, is helpful as well.

I use my Diva exclusively (except for the aforementioned surprise).

This month, I was on the road, and did not get a chance to empty my Diva on my bad day due to incredibly nasty restrooms everywhere we went.

I should have emptied it at least twice, so it was pretty much full by the time I got home. So, I stripped, emptied, and jumped straight into the shower as I made a fairly decent mess of myself.

I've always had a heavy flow on day 2, and I've found that 4x emptying keeps it below half full, which is the point where I find it gets a bit messy. (I have long fingernails, so I have to put a pretty good squeeze on the cup).

The Instead cup that Karen mentioned is a disposable unit. I did not try that one as I have an IUD as well, which is not recommended with that product.

There is also an Ultra absorbency of OB tampons, which might help. I have not seen it in the store for awhile, but I have seen it on drugstore.com.

I hope you find something that works well for you!

Wendy

Back
Top Bottom