One Of The Most Amazing Experiences

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cd_in_SeaTac once bubbled...
Congrats John, it's a lifetime adventure, keep learning.

Mike- You've destroyed my image of you

:D

Sorry.

MikeFerrara once bubbled...

In general the killing of one animal to feed another probably isn't a good practice.

WHAT?? Quick, close down all the chicken farms, the cattle ranches, the fish farms, the egg farms... fire all the employees at related packaging plants, truck drivers, grocery store meat managers, all the hamburger stands and stake houses, plus the waitresses and cooks and all related employees.
Oh, but please Mike, don't take away my Slim Jims!!! Killing one cow goes a LONG way when it comes to Slim Jims...:)

Rick Inman once bubbled...

WHAT?? Quick, close down all the chicken farms, the cattle ranches, the fish farms, the egg farms... fire all the employees at related packaging plants, truck drivers, grocery store meat managers, all the hamburger stands and stake houses, plus the waitresses and cooks and all related employees.
Oh, but please Mike, don't take away my Slim Jims!!! Killing one cow goes a LONG way when it comes to Slim Jims...:)

That's nothing like what I said and you know it.

I was talking about killing wildlife without a hunting or fishing license and without knowledge of the game laws. I was pointing out that in many states freshwater clams are PROTECTED and therefore it's a crime to kill em and feed em to bass because there aren't many of them.

MikeFerrara once bubbled...

That's nothing like what I said and you know it.

I was talking about killing wildlife without a hunting or fishing license and without knowledge of the game laws. I was pointing out that in many states freshwater clams are PROTECTED and therefore it's a crime to kill em and feed em to bass because there aren't many of them.
Simmer down young man, I was just funnin' ya.
However, I suddenly have a cravin' fer baked bass in clam sauce...:eatarrow:

Rick Inman once bubbled...

Simmer down young man, I was just funnin' ya.
However, I suddenly have a cravin' fer baked bass in clam sauce...:eatarrow:

Baked large mouth sounds great but I prefer clams raw.

John... I really appreciated your post. I feel the same way about my LDS and instructors turned friends. We just did our first "friend" dive with them and it was great! No pressure (not that there was any in the class) and a lot of observation of sealife as opposed to skill testing! We plan on going out with them as often as possible!!!

We're only 3 weeks out from out certifications and we're TOTALLY ADDICTED! Our hair isn't even dry from our dives before we're planning the next one! Completely Gung ho!!!

Laurel- The Frog Queen
:royal:

BradB once bubbled...
Hey John, I am in Orlando and would love to know the shop/instructor you used. They seemed to have done a great job.

It's the ExtaSea Dive Center on South Kirkman Road. My instructor is Dave Mackin. Like I said, definately not the CHEAPEST around, but I was so impressed with them! Give them my name if you give them a call, and be sure to request Dave as your instructor.

(I'm not sure about the forum rules in reguards to "advertising" a shop like this. I'm not affiliated with them in any way, and am not benefiting in any manner by mentioning them, other than to hopefully help others have the incredible experience that I did.)

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

As for the clams, IT WAS ALL MY INSTRUCTORS DOING, HE'S THE ONE TO ARREST!

Be careful about your new friends at the Local Dive Shoppe.

Avoid those useless PADI "specialty courses".

Avoid buying those cheap, amphibious underwater cameras.

Avoid buying DUI drysuits.

Avoid buying aluminum tanks.

Avoid buying a dive computer that does not work for nitrox.

Avoid buying ... unless you absolutely need something.

Glad to hear how much you enjoyed it. I try to tell people how great diving is all the time, but with our biggest body of water being the "muddy" Mississippi, it's a tough sell around here!

Karl_in_Calif once bubbled...
Be careful about your new friends at the Local Dive Shoppe.

Avoid those useless PADI "specialty courses".

Which are useless and which aren't?
Avoid buying those cheap, amphibious underwater cameras.

Avoid buying DUI drysuits.
I don't have one yet but I think I like the DUI suits better than all the others I've seen. Why shouldn't he buy one?
Avoid buying aluminum tanks.

Al tanks have their place. I have about 15 and I need a couple more. I also have steel tanks. Use the right tool for the job.
Avoid buying a dive computer that does not work for nitrox.

Avoid buying ... unless you absolutely need something.

It's hard to dive without anything so you'll need something. LOL

I would avoid buying a compter at all, though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom