Online Dive Vendors/Dealers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's harder than it sounds. Some of the stuff at LP has hidden costs.

For example, if you were to buy a Uwatec Smartcom from them (an excellent computer, BTW), you would save a few hundred dollars, but spend it as soon as the battery wore out, since the battery is factory service only, and is a couple of hundred dollars.

Also, at the end of the day, the cost of your stuff is the total you spent. If your LDS is willing to work with you (sounds like they are), you may end up with as good or better deal than if you bought it at LP, since your LDS may cut you an excellent deal on other stuff that they can work the prices on to make up for the price on the stuff that they can't change.

The training offer is nothing to sneeze at if you plan on obtaining any additonal certifications like Stress & Rescue, Deep, nitrox, etc.

OTOH, maybe not. It's your money and your call.

Terry

highlandfarmwv:
My local dive shop owner has really tried to make me feel bad about buying my gear from Leisure Pro and says, "If you had bought it from me, I would have thrown in ____ or ____." But prior to buying he stated, "I can't sell for less that MFG, the manufacturers don't like that, but I can throw in a certification." So for one thousand dollars difference, I could maybe get certified in something whether I wanted to or not, OR maybe he WOULD go out of business (all my fault, of course) and I'd never get the perks.... It's $1000 for him or me. A hard decisioin.

onlinescuba:
I am Bill with www.OnlineScuba.com , give us a try. We are a fully Manufacturer Authorized Dealer for everything we sell.

Hi, Bill.

A little feedback for you, if I may be so bold? :007:

I know OnlineScuba.com, and have even bought from you not too long ago. :11star:
(Before I get flamed for not using a LDS, let me point out that there is no LDS where I live, the closest is over an hour away. Is that really L for a DS?):monkeydan
That makes online suppliers, like yours, about the only consistent sources for gear.

I found your site from something I saw on ScubaBoard, so your support of SB is working. :wink:

Your selection is really good :)

Your site is little hard to navigate, it would be better if I didn't have to wade through four pages of other brands/items to find the one thing I had searched for :monkey_2:

Your prices are good :) (but not great). I shopped around before I ordered from OnlineScuba.com, so I can tell you that for what I ordered, the prices were good. But I placed a larger order elsewhere the same day, also. :chinese:

But, whoa! You gotta check out your shipping rates! :11:
I think that shipping came to 1/3 of the order, and that just kills any benefit you got from good pricing! :shakehead
I bought 18 lbs of coated weights elsewhere, from a supplier farther away, and the shipping was less than your site charged for a pound or two!

Even so, I'm sure I'll be back.:brain:

BD

Wow. A two year old thread, will it ever end? Nope, neither will the battle between the LDS and the online store, so just do what we did...do BOTH!!! :D

Good diving!
Britt :fish:
:fish:

CrazyScuba:
Wow. A two year old thread, will it ever end? Nope, neither will the battle between the LDS and the online store, so just do what we did...do BOTH!!! :D

Good diving!
Britt :fish:
:fish:

I agree. The majority of my purchases come online, but I do shop locally for items.

BiggDawg:
Hi, Bill.

A little feedback for you, if I may be so bold? :007:

I know OnlineScuba.com, and have even bought from you not too long ago. :11star:
(Before I get flamed for not using a LDS, let me point out that there is no LDS where I live, the closest is over an hour away. Is that really L for a DS?):monkeydan
That makes online suppliers, like yours, about the only consistent sources for gear.

I found your site from something I saw on ScubaBoard, so your support of SB is working. :wink:

Your selection is really good :)

Your site is little hard to navigate, it would be better if I didn't have to wade through four pages of other brands/items to find the one thing I had searched for :monkey_2:

Your prices are good :) (but not great). I shopped around before I ordered from OnlineScuba.com, so I can tell you that for what I ordered, the prices were good. But I placed a larger order elsewhere the same day, also. :chinese:

But, whoa! You gotta check out your shipping rates! :11:
I think that shipping came to 1/3 of the order, and that just kills any benefit you got from good pricing! :shakehead
I bought 18 lbs of coated weights elsewhere, from a supplier farther away, and the shipping was less than your site charged for a pound or two!

Even so, I'm sure I'll be back.:brain:

BD

Hey B D,

Your information is quite helpfull and we appreciate the time you spent letting us know this. We strive to meet everyones needs and work hard to offer gear at great prices. Being a Fully Authorized Dealer puts us at an immediate disadvantage as we have to adhere to the policies of the manufacturers. While no LDS wants to hear this, (including ourselves), there is good that comes out of dealing with Online Retailers that are Authorized Dealers. You do get the benefit of the of the manufacturers warranty along with a great deal to boot.

I will absolutely agree that sometimes shipping can get quite expensive, but we monitor the market place and charge pretty much the same for ground shipping as everyone else. Since I don't know what you purchased I cannot rebut your issue with shipping but can say that if it was extensive, email us and we can research this for you.

Lastly, if you are looking for a specific item on our site, we do have a new search option that allows you to limit your search via dollar amount, manufacturer or even category.

Thanks for your Information and while we are not perfect, we sure try hard!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom