Online store for technical gear?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jepuskar

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
What is a good online store for technical gear?

I'm looking for stage bottle accessories. Should I just by the hose clamp at the hardware store?

What about the rubberband like thingie ma gig that you stow your reg under?

I couldnt find this on scubatoys.

Can you tell I'm new to this?

TIA

I've been to Dive Rite Express numerous times...I need to quit looking at their rebreather section and pay attention to the other crap on there.

thanks!!

J

Try DIR-diver.com - Stagebottle rigging

Hardware or auto parts store for hose clamp, 3/8" fuel line, rope and cheap*ss inner tube. Total cost should be less than $10.

Alternatively, you can go to a local feed store. Then you have the right to call yourself a "tack diver". :)

Cut the innertube up for the "rubberband like thingie ma gig that you stow your reg under". Buy two smaller hose clamps and connect them if you can't find one big enough to fit your stage bottle. Total time spent: 15-30 minutes.

Happy diving!

What is a good online store for technical gear?
I'm looking for stage bottle accessories. Should I just by the hose clamp at the hardware store?
Central Tractor has all the parts. Stainless Steel boltsnaps seem to have gone up, but you can still do it for less than $20.

What about the rubberband like thingie ma gig that you stow your reg under?
Some people use an innertube section, I use surgical tubing.

Terry

Stage bottle rigging is a definite DIY as indicated by the prior posts and plans. Another good source for tech gear is Northeast Scuba. Good deals owing to bulk purchases and great deals on good used stuff.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom