Only one type of gear? Why limit yourself?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh -- i didnt mean that there was anything wrong with diving doubles --- sorry if it came across it that way, that was not my intention. I was just curious why someone would do that in 20ft of water.

Now i haven't dove the Abyss, i will have to put that on my "bucket list" but you are right, this has been a very interesting thread and i have learned much -- some of it i had to google (lol). I no longer use pink, but I still have them for murky dives and make sure to take them with me when i go as a just in case.

No need to apologize. I didn't go back and reread the original post and was just trying to be clear. I'm glad you read this thread and hope it was worth it to learn some things. That's what this is all about. All this could get very philosophical but the point is to have fun. I like challenges so I find trying new things enjoyable. Here's another piece of wisdom I heard over the weekend. "There's no such thing as a bad dive. There are just some dives you learn more from." That was from Bill Rennaker who's known as one of the "legends" in cave diving and it makes a lot of sense. Perfect dives are nice but the not so perfect dives provide education and make you a better diver. Christ of the Abyss is pretty and it's famous but once is enough LOL There are many more amazing sites all around Florida.

i have learned plently from dives. i mostly solo dive, but before i ventured out solo, i made sure i had enough experience under my belt to know what i was doing. and to this day i am still learning i always ask questions, its the only way i will learn and get better

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom