Optimal nitrox mix the devils throat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Candiru

Contributor
Reaction score
When diving the devils throat what is the max depth that people are reading on their gauges. Looking back I have several different depths.

Last edited:
Who taught your Nitrox class?

All the best, James

The dive is max 125 to maybe 130 ft. for a few minutes. Nitrox on this dive is IMO a waste of money. You will be better off using nitrox on your second dive to extend bottom time because of usually little surface time. Standard nitox available in coz is 32%.

Enjoy Cozumel. I'm jealous and cold

I think for a partial pressure of 1.4 the MOD for 32% is about 111 ft. This is not a nitrox dive (which I think fdog was trying to say to you.....) Good luck.

DB

Candiru, while a 28% mix would allow you to extend the bottom time, that mix would do zero to combat the narcotic effects of the dive.
What are you doing after exiting that is putting you past the NDL? Most profiles will wait for the group and then slowing start working their way back up.

32. and. 36. are the standard mixs. you can custom other percentages

Are you Nitrox certified...I can't understand posting on ScubaBoard for gas planning help. You know the depth and the bottom time so do the math.

Bob

Back
Top Bottom