Orange Beach Dive Report 9/27 & 28

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

algulfdiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Gary's Gulf Divers aboard the Cat-N-Around. Orange Beach, Al.
Sat. the 27th
Left the dock around 8:15 heading out to Ivans Reef. Arrived at the site and had one boat on the spot, so we went about 400 feet or so to the west where I had marked another area with structure on a previous trip. The water looked great from the surface. Tim the DM splashed to tie in and came up to report good vis of at least 50'. This site turned out to be a great site with structure (Bridge Spans) zig zaging back and forth and easy to navigate. There were lots of life on this site including AJ's, Snapper and small Grouper just to name a few. This is a great dive for intermediate level divers due to it's depth of 80'
Depth: 80', Water temp.: 79* and Vis of 50'+.
Second dive we stopped at a set of 3 pyramids in 60' of water and had 20-30' vis.

Sun. the 28th
Left the dock at around 8:30 going to 3 mile barge to finish some training dives with 3 OW Students, also had two other divers on board. Arrived on site with one boat there fishing but he let us on the barge right away. Got tied in and all splashed to start our set of dives. Vis was around 20-25' after a murk layer of 15' or so on top. We had seen a Dolphin on the surface and hoped to see it under water, sure eneough on the first dive it swam right by my 3 students and they got treat. Also spotted the resident Goliath Grouper peeking out of a hole. This site is always teaming with life.
Depth: 40' , Water Temp. 80*, Vis 25'.

What a GREAT two days on the water.
October is known for it's good vis with the water temp still warm and it looks like this one is shaping up to be good as well.

Gary I need some brochures for the Condo's display cases do you have any on hand?

I can get some. Call Me

Sorry I have been busy the last couple of days I locked in a new contract.:D:D I’ll get up with you Sat. Either by phone or I’ll stop in

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom