Ordered a Pinnacle Kodiak

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nismo

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Went to my LDS to get fitted and order a ME7, and after some discussion and a great price offer, I ordered the Kodiak instead. Getting the Kodiak for not much more than the ME7 since I am the first to order. I think this will be great for the quarry I go to. If it works out well, will order one for my wife who gets much colder than I do at the quarry.

It's an 8/6 elastiprene suit with the merino lining. It's listed as a semi-dry. Has a horizontal front zipper from the dry suits. Seems like it'll be warm and kinda easy to get into. Can use the dry suit hoods with it as well. It's so new the LDS called to see when it will be available and they are hoping to have it to me in April. I will give a review after my first dive with it.

Hello it is great to see your post! I just called my local dive shop on Monday to check Prices and availability. I currently have and dive a Elastiprene 7 with Merino wool it is a great suit but upper 40's repetitive dives start to get chilly. I am ordering a Kodiak for my wife ASAP, but after looking the suit over carefully I think I might want one also. I really like to dive wet as long as I can. When air temps get too cold, dry is the only way to go. I would love to test the Kodiak right now before the Ice goes off. That would tell the tale. Pinnacle products have been very much what they say they are with a little variance do to individual comfort levels. I look forward to your report! Till then we will wait as patiently as possible. CamG Keep diving....keep training....keep learning!:coffee:

I'm looking at ordering at ordering the Kodiak with a 5mm shorty over it for Puget Sound diving. I am trying to figure out the difference between the Pinnacle Extreme and the Kodiak and was wondering if you knew?

The Extreme is the previous model. It is titanium lined neoprene instead of Pinnacles version of high stretch neoprene. The Extreme will be more difficult to get on and off but may actually be warmer than the Kodiak. My LDS gave me a 2008 Pinnacle catalog and the Extreme is not in it. I would think you could get a great deal from someone trying to get rid of excess inventory of previous model year equipment. You can also use the Pinnacle drysuit hood with the Kodiak.

BTW if you go with the Kodiak, since it's a high stretch neoprene, you may be better off wearing the shorty under it instead of over it. Pinnacle has hooded vests, and I know some companies offer "Torso Warmers" which are more or less a shorty but designed for under a wetsuit. Not sure if there is any difference.

I dive Monterey and it's very cold waters at 48-50 degrees of repetitive diving. My choice as I got certified back in Sept 07 was Pinnacles.

I tossed between the Polar and the ME7. I went with the ME7 because of the massive comfort over the Polar. I also dive the Merino 3mm torso heater and the Merino hooded vest 7mm. With the Merino appex boots at 6mm and the Merino Kevlar 4mm gloves I stay completely warm on my first dive.

On my second dive I begin to get cold only in my arms and hands. On my third dive I feel a little cool around my legs. Remember that with my three piece combo suit I get 7mm in my head, 13mm in my torso, 10 mm at my groin and 7mm in extremeties and 6 at the foot and 4 at the hands.

My hands are always the first to get cold; I saw the kodiak in the catalog and only wish it would've been out when I purchased back in Oct 07.

The only nice thing about having the three piece suit is I get to mix and match on my dives; I have dove just the hooded vest and not the heated torsu, what a difference the torsu makes.

MG

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom