Orifice Polishing Stick (?) Grey Stick for polishing out nicks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

beanojones

Contributor
Reaction score
I used to have a grey stick that could be used for polishing orifices and the like. was like a long eraser, but with more, grit to it.. It could take out minor nicks from LP orifices and such.

Where can I find such a thing now? What is it called, this thing I am looking for? Googling for orifice polisher just finds my own post about it, so clearly I am not usering the right name for it.

sounds like some form of polishing compound/rubbing compound. Aside from the typical paste or liquid compounds, I think I remember seeing some sort of "scratch-eraser" thingamajjigie in an auto detailing store.

try: emery stick, emery cloth, crocus cloth

Edit: Hey DiveSite, what is a dive shop owner doing awake at 8am on Sunday?

Dremel tools has a grey rubber like polishing tip. About 1.5" long and 1/4" diameter. They also have a little wheel of the same material.

Try search for rubber polisher or polishing, etc.

I am in the machine shop bussiness. We use something called Craytex sticks. They come in a couple of different grits. They come in different shapes 1/4'' dia. sticks , 1/2'' dia. sticks , one inch square, bullet nose, you get the idea. We get them from a local machine shop supply place. I would give you the website but it just gives a phone number. You might try Mcmaster Carr or MSC.

Randy

I use a small strip of 1500 or higher grit sand paper looped across the end of a hardwood dowel.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom