Oriskany 10.4.08

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

seadoggirl

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
A great day on the Oriskany yesterday. We had 90+ visibility and the water is still warm. I had a total blond moment and forgot my wetsuit. I borrowed a men's large from the Dive Master and had great fun fighting the air pockets around my knees. But it was a fun dive. The big news is that we saw three black tip sharks on the Oriskany. We don't generally see a lot of sharks on this wreck for some reason. Maybe it is the time of year but we saw two bull sharks on the YDTs this week. I really need a marine biologist friend to answer my thousands of questions about the Gulf of Mexico.

For the Octopus watchers - The big girl was in hiding yesterday but her littler sister was snug as a bug in a rug on the starboard side in her little hole. It took us a minute but we found her. She has moved deep into the smaller pipe and is more camera shy than her big sister.

Come join us on the H2O Below -call Captain Douglas at 850-291-2109 or MBT in Pensacola. October is the best month to dive! In my humble opinion

Well if you can wait 15 years.... I might be one by then. :) I'm going to finish out my stint in the military first though. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom