Other than Panglao diving places in Bohol

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah all the riff raff on Alona beach. Not sure when you were last there but on my last 3 visits Sep 2019 Nov
LOL.
You do not know what you do not know! Late comer.
2005 was my last visit and seen enough to convince me the beauty and tranquility of the place is history. Live music played on the beach at high volume in the evening is not a place for diver. I had written it yrs ago about the place.
Do you know what it was like in 1996? There were probably less than five dive operators at that time. And many times I was the only diver on the speed boat to dive Puntod and Dojo in early morning dive.
When tourists decided to return, it will be back to the unsavory scene again.

LOL. You do not know what you do not know! Late comer. 2005 was my last visit

Exactly why you should stay out of this thread.

My reply is for one who wanted someone with recent experience for an upcoming dive trip not someone who hasn't been there for 17 years. There hasn't been live music played on the beach for many many years. We had some live music played there in 2019 when I was there but it was just acoustic guitar singer in front of the dive shop for one of my pig BBQ fests.

Not that you would know as you haven't been and yes lots of changes since your last visit. I've been traveling to Philippines since the 1980's. Unlike you I don't live in the past. My first visit to Bohol was in the 1980's.

Actually it was 2013 right after the earthquake hit Bohol! I was testing your reaction!!! Of course there were no live music in 2005. LOL.
I knew you would be BS about your experience. So which dive operator did you use then?
Lo and behold! You are so naive and simple.

Actually it was 2013 right after the earthquake hit Bohol! I was testing your reaction!!! Of course there were no live music in 2005. LOL.
I knew you would be BS about your experience. So which dive operator did you use then?
Lo and behold! You are so naive and simple.

I never wrote that all my visits to Bohol before 2019 were for diving vacations. :)
All you are testing is your own ignorance about a place you haven't been to for so long. That fact that you are posting BS nonsense just shows what sort of dishonest person you are. Where did I mention any live music in 2005?

I never wrote that all my visits to Bohol before 2019 were for diving vacations. :)
All you are testing is your own ignorance about a place you haven't been to for so long. That fact that you are posting BS nonsense just shows what sort of dishonest person you are. Where did I mention any live music in 2005?
LOL.
The non existence music scene in 2005 was specially for you ONLY!!! And you felt for it! How predictable. It was so easy.

Thanks a lot for this positive report. I plan to be there early in December. I have not been diving with Bohol Divers Club but will consider these.
You ought to consider Cabilao as well.

I have just finished a 2 week stay in Panglao Bohol. I stay in a house where I have the use of a kitchen & dining room. I pay 900 Peso a day for an airconditioned room. I dive with Bohol Divers Club and this is my third dive vacation with them. Seven days of those dives were done as day island trips where BBQ lunch is cooked on board. Three dives a day on those trips.
I did 30 dives which cost me 40,000 peso as I have my own gear and you get discounts for doing a lot of dives. It works out to less than US$20 per dives. On shore dives days I mostly only did 2 dives per my normal 3 dives as a buddy who traveled from the UK is not into early morning dives. I did not do a night dive this trip. We had a typhoon sweep past and the coastguard stopped all water activity for two days. Visibility was not so great for a couple days after the typhoon but had cleared up by my last 2 days of diving.

Panglao is very quiet with not a lot of tourists and even less divers. Yesterday I took a long scooter ride towards the city. Sad to say many buildings and villa's being built pre pandemic are empty and there are many closed local businesses as well.
Overall I had a good trip as was diving with a buddy from the UK and also a UK couple who dive as well. They live in Moalboal where the wife is an instructor but road their bike with all their dive gear to Panglao. Ferry across the island.

A lot of our dive times were 70 - 80 minute dives. So apart from the island trips there is also Doljo which is a short 20 minute drive to another part of the island. Good diving there as well.

View attachment 752355

View attachment 752356

View attachment 752357

View attachment 752358
Yeah all the riff raff on Alona beach. Not sure when you were last there but on my last 3 visits Sep 2019 Nov 2019 Oct Nov 2022 have not seen any riff raff that you describe.

View attachment 752798

I have just finished a 2 week stay in Panglao Bohol. I stay in a house where I have the use of a kitchen & dining room. I pay 900 Peso a day for an airconditioned room. I dive with Bohol Divers Club and this is my third dive vacation with them. Seven days of those dives were done as day island trips where BBQ lunch is cooked on board. Three dives a day on those trips.
I did 30 dives which cost me 40,000 peso as I have my own gear and you get discounts for doing a lot of dives. It works out to less than US$20 per dives. On shore dives days I mostly only did 2 dives per my normal 3 dives as a buddy who traveled from the UK is not into early morning dives. I did not do a night dive this trip. We had a typhoon sweep past and the coastguard stopped all water activity for two days. Visibility was not so great for a couple days after the typhoon but had cleared up by my last 2 days of diving.

Panglao is very quiet with not a lot of tourists and even less divers. Yesterday I took a long scooter ride towards the city. Sad to say many buildings and villa's being built pre pandemic are empty and there are many closed local businesses as well.
Overall I had a good trip as was diving with a buddy from the UK and also a UK couple who dive as well. They live in Moalboal where the wife is an instructor but road their bike with all their dive gear to Panglao. Ferry across the island.

A lot of our dive times were 70 - 80 minute dives. So apart from the island trips there is also Doljo which is a short 20 minute drive to another part of the island. Good diving there as well.

View attachment 752355

View attachment 752356

View attachment 752357

View attachment 752358
Thanks again! I will be staying at Isis Bungalows, close to the main beach, so the Divers Club is a bit away from the place. Do they pick up divers from their locations? Yes, I plan doing island trips. I also may consider to extend my stay on Bohol for another week, maybe changing location to further away from the main beach. Ii will contact the Divers Club and see what they say.
Great outfit to dive with. The owners Pelyao and business partner Sara are from Spain. There are two large boats for the inter island dive days and two smaller boats for local shore diving. So if you are not doing an island trip you won't miss out on the good local dive sites and Doljo which is a short drive. There are other dive operators / resorts a few miles away from the main beach where Bohol Divers Are. They are also a few miles away from the main town where there are some very good restaurants.

One of the few places that survived during the lockdowns and pandemic. Perhaps over 30 dive operators have closed down for good.
Cebu Pacific cancelled my flight to Manila on Sunday 12:40pm to Monday 7:30am. So I had to stay an extra night. I had originally planned on flying back to Taiwan on the Monday but some clients I have in Manila said as I was passing through have a meetup so luckily I had changed my flight to Tuesday.

Back home now and very quiet workwise in my office so I will have time to edit photos from my trip.

Thanks again! I will be staying at Isis Bungalows, close to the main beach, so the Divers Club is a bit away from the place. Do they pick up divers from their locations? Yes, I plan doing island trips. I also may consider to extend my stay on Bohol for another week, maybe changing location to further away from the main beach. Ii will contact the Divers Club and see what they say.

The main beach is Alona Beach and Bohol Divers Club is there close by. So you are only a couple of minutes walk away.
I rent a scooter for my vacation so I can get around to other areas.

SCREENSHOT.jpg

I was there last month. It is not crowded. I stayed for a bit at Henann on the beach and also tried a resort away from the beach. To me it’s not worth staying away from the beach, having to deal with trikes, etc. like the poster said above it’s an easy walk from the beachfront resorts. I dived with Alona divers who were great. I am going back in January, staying at the best western this time to try it out. But any hotel on that beach strip is not a long walk from the beachfront dive centers. It is like an 8-10 minute walk from one end of the entire beach to the other.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom