OUCH, That had to hurt!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So he is still in critical care but expected to make a full recovery.

Wonder if he is still chewing sand? Okay that was rotten, I know.

Darwin Award candidate?

Honorary Mention, technically.

I'm ashamed of all of you. With out people like him I would be out of a job! How is an ICU nurse suppose to make money to buy more dive equipment? Yes, I know I am making the sign up list for he**. I will bring the beer!

He is lucky that didn't carry him out to sea!

Just a quick note for all of you SB'ers who love PADI that Kite boarding is NOT within PADI standards :no therefore PADI absolves itself of all responsibility. :rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

so, i take it you can't just let go at any time?

My gut tells me these guys had let go of common sense the second they strapped themselves to a huge parachute designed to TRAP wind for motion during a tropical storm. DARWIN AWARDS, these people may be contenders in the future.

Kiteboarding is a dangerous sport, and the power of a kite is incredible. I have had the same thing happen on the water and let me tell you that hurt and knocked the wind out of me. I let go of the bar after the first wild ride. Even if you are in the harness and let go of the bar the kite will still depower enough to not send you flying.

FWIW the storm has nothing to do with it, the higher the wind the smaller the kite. His kite was just too big for the conditions.

Since it is kinda a sin to let go of the handle, what y'all should be sayin' is "Good job not letting go of the handle".

Good job not hurting that brick wall with his head.

Back
Top Bottom