OUCH, That had to hurt!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Darwin Award candidate?

Storms always provide Darwin candidates.

Here's another one in this news story. Just wait till someone t-bones his vehicle and gas goes all over him. talk about stupid. Even a falling gas can could be danergous.

from ABC News: Forecasters: Floridians Should Prepare for Hurricane

ap_storm_080816_mn.jpg

Andrew Cardwell of Pirate Scooter Rentals fills up gasoline cans Saturday, Aug. 16, 2008 in Key West, Fla. in preparation for Tropical Storm Fay.

But this was nothing compared to this incident

OK now this one hurt me to watch because I burst out laughing and then tried to control it because I am at work. I also passed it along to my pilot friend for a laugh.

Here's another one in this news story. Just wait till someone t-bones his vehicle and gas goes all over him. talk about stupid. Even a falling gas can could be danergous.

ap_storm_080816_mn.jpg

Andrew Cardwell of Pirate Scooter Rentals fills up gasoline cans Saturday, Aug. 16, 2008 in Key West, Fla. in preparation for Tropical Storm Fay.

at least he is using the seat belts

ap_storm_080816_mn.jpg

I personally think the added value of a cigarette hanging from his mouth would have made for a much better picture and completed the image that most people have already formed of Mr. Cardwell.

I saw a darwin candidate once with a cigarette.

Our local Walmart has gas pumps out front.
They had a decent sized "fuel spill" of several gallons.

They had one of their employees out putting "soak up" kitty litter type stuff to soak up all the gasoline. then he took a push broom and was sweeping it up.

the entire time he had a cigarette in his mouth..... I'm surprised he didn't blow himself up as I watched from one of the other pumps.

I think I'd have made a quick exit rather than stand there and wait for the worst!

I think I'd have made a quick exit rather than stand there and wait for the worst!

I actually left when i saw it... I quit pumping gas and just left. I figured that with fumes in the air and everything it was the safe thing to do.

Called Walmart manager from cell phone and alerted them to the dangerous activity. Their response was that they had no controll over those employees since they were a contract company that worked the pump.... (i.e., don't call me with this crap).

Good to hear. I thought you seemed smarter than that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom