Our first lesson

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Don't let this turn you off to diving, headaches and lightheadedness are not part scuba diving. Whatever the cause, I don't think you will continue to experience the discomfort.

Hank had a good question, did either of you have any dificulty equalizing?

No, we were both fine with equalizing. We're thinking that it might have been the pool chlorine. We didn't rinse off afterwards, so perhaps we just didn't do the simple part right.

Do you smoke? If I smoke within 4 hours before or after a dive, I will get a headache. So the easy thing to do was tostop smoking.

Sonny

Its probably not CO, you would have felt lousy while on SCUBA, symtoms subside real quick, like a few minutes one you are out of the contaminated area. Had CO poisoning from a car's faulty exhaust about ten years ago. Could be something else in the air, but I would go with cold or flu, just happened to be after the first class. Could be from the equipment if it was not cleaned. I don't know of many cases from that. Doesn't mean its impossible.

Neither smoke. Felt fine until morning. We were in the pool until just after 9pm.

I really appreciate all the thoughts.

Aloha! You'll like it here, this is the most informative place to go for SCUBA on the internet. Whether you want info, humor, or spirited debate, (or sometimes all three at once!), this is the place! :crafty:

It sounds like hydration to me, as well. Different people manifest different symptoms.

Oh, and when you fill out your profile, flex those humor muscles! :D

TJ

Welcome to the board!

Joe

Benvenuto a bordo! :sharks:
and to the underwater world :goldfish:
Everything and every possibility were said already. Don’t be too nervous about it. I am sure the next try will go well…^ ___ ^
Enjoy…

Okay...the instructors thought anxiety combined with bad breathing, 1 1/2 hours underwater (1 hr in the "deep") and a mask that wasn't "equalized" (we both had severe red rings on our faces) were our problems. They seemed to think that we were not exhaling fully (I know I wasn't) and might have had a bit of co2 poisoning.

Would love to hear comments on this.

Perhaps a stupid question, but do you ever get these sorts of symptoms from swimming in pools. I'm thinking a little respiratory mucosal inflammation from the chlorine.

How did the dive exercises go? Any sinus or ear squeezes?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom