Our World Underwater?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We did'nt see anyone from the board, and we didn't even see Natasha at the Plaza booth;-0 , oh well.
We had a great time, the seminars were quite informative. We liked the Draphl seminars and Stan Waterman is pretty incredible for 80 years of age, he gives us all hope that we will continue to enjoy diving for a while even though he's abit older than we are:)

Dive Safe,
Caymaniac

Got there late & missed all the cool seminars. Even the gay turtles, darn it. I did get to meet Natasha. I was worried I would miss her & almost did. Too bad the rest of us couldn't hook up. I'm sure we walked right by & didn't even know it. We could have really used those Scubaboard shirts.
But even without my Scubaboard pals, I had a great time. My LDS was there & I picked up a great light set from them. (Underwater Kinetics) A C8, mini Q40, 2 little beacons & a Remora BC knife - all f/ $75.00
Plus all the booklets & flyers I could carry and a Virgin Island fish ID card from St. Croix Ultimate Bluewater Adventures(last year I took the free rum) It was a great day!

My husband and I had a list of things we wanted to look at while we were there. I got so caught up in that I forget all about meeting ScubaBoard people. Isn't that mean?

We had a good time.

Juls

Kat- Which LDS do you frequent? Which part of the 'burbs are you in?

Caymaniac:
Hi so sorry I missed you. I was at the booth Saturday from 12:30 to about 3:30/ 4:00.
Kat found me right when I was leaving. I'm so glad you did Kat!
It was great meeting you and your group.. your daughter is a cutie.
Anyway, it was a good show, and a great turn out. I met lots of divers, but Kat was the only one from scuba board.
What happened to Jason.. get caught up with the gay turtles?

Me too Natasha, I thought I was so late I might have missed you. My daughter had a great time, as there was candy at almost every booth. Plus, she had the added thrill of collecting the Mardi Gras beads. I tried to find Gaz, with no luck.
Maybe the combination of the shark sex seminar & gay turtles was too much for Jepuskar. Haven't heard from him since.

Juls: My LDS is Sea Lions in Hanover Park - that''s my 'burb' as well.

So this was the first time that I've gone to a scuba show. I had a pretty good time - Christine and I mainly just browsed around looking at stuff (we spent some time trying on the BC's from the seaquest/aqualung booth). I think we passed Natasha's booth before she got there... Not like I'm readily identifiable as a scubaboard person in person.:wink:

It was pretty nice to see all the different kinds of gear there. Got to talk with a tech diver about his HID lights and caving... Got to see a halcyon BP/W setup up close... Picked up a Michigan/Superior Wrecks book. Got some info on dive charters into Lk Michigan from both Chicago and Milwaukee. Got a pretty cheap disposable UW camera from this LDS from IL somewhere with a rating to 80 ft. The insert is disposable, but the housing is reusable. I figure that we'll try it out on the honeymoon, and if it works, great, and if it doesn't, I'm only out $30 or so. That's better than borrowing/renting a decent camera and accidently losing it...

I think the funniest device I found there was the underwater MP3 player... I really don't see the point.

The show really got me psyched to go diving again, though... SCUBA refresher is this weekend.
:thumb:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom