OUT OF AIR - Last ditch effort breath from you BCD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diveroflove:
.....because some of use if we are 30 feet down cant exhale the whole way up
I'm sorry - if you can't make a CESA/ESA from 10m/33ft then I don't know how you passed OW! Unless something has changed that I'm not aware of, it's a required skill for all new divers. (If you really can't do this skill I suggest that you practice until you can!)

I know it is not a good system but I just brought it up. In reality it wouldent work

Some people may not have enough in their lungs. It is common practice to always return at 500 psi but not all of us do

That's right Kim.

You could have no air in your lungs and easily make an accent from 30'. What does common practice mean? You should ALWAYS have 500lbs. left unless there are special circumstances. What type of certification do you have?

diveroflove:
Some people may not have enough in their lungs. It is common practice to always return at 500 psi but not all of us do
This attitude really scares me. This isn't a game you know! You either learn to dive properly or you are risking your life and possibly your buddy's everytime to get in the water. I'm really not trying to be nasty or anything here but it sounds to me that you don't have a really good idea of safety - and that's VERY bad.

Kim, you missunderstod me I am sying if something happened I agree it is not safe and I agree it is stupid but I was trying to get a feel for what you thought about it, It is the same as carrying a spare air. Understand that I always return at 500 PSI

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom