OUT OF AIR - Last ditch effort breath from you BCD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What Agency? Where do you work, what country I mean?

diveroflove:
I am a divemaster
Then I am shocked! :11: How can you possibly have that level of certification if you can't do a simple CESA/ESA from 33ft NO MATTER how much air you have in your lungs?

diveroflove:
Kim, you missunderstod me I am sying if something happened I agree it is not safe and I agree it is stupid but I was trying to get a feel for what you thought about it, It is the same as carrying a spare air. Understand that I always return at 500 PSI

Spare Air or a pony is for back up only, not to be used to extend a dive. And if you did have either of these why would you be out of air?

That is true Packhorse. Especially in shallow water or if your hanging around the bottom of the boat, I've done it too but as a rule if I'm with a group, I've got a lot more than 500 left.

diveroflove:
Kim, you missunderstod me I am sying if something happened I agree it is not safe and I agree it is stupid but I was trying to get a feel for what you thought about it, It is the same as carrying a spare air. Understand that I always return at 500 PSI
OK - let me try again. For me I always have a buddy OR redundant air OR the surface within reach easily. I simply can't imagine what circumstance might arise that would mean the (very little) air in my wing could have any impact. The time I wasted trying to get it would be time I could already be half way to the surface through a CESA. Can you describe a valid scenario where you think it might help?

I would like to say sorry, I dident think this discussion would turn into an attack on me. I wont post here anymore, I was simply asking what you guys thought about the idea. I think its stupid personaly, I dont think It would work, im just trying to find out but it turned into an attack against me. I am sorry.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom