Out of Air on Descent

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Don’t beat yourself up. You did very well. You kept your head. Of course you felt fear and paused at the moment things went wrong. That’s a natural reaction. You did however act and acted correctly. My observations and forgive me if I repeat things already posted I didn’t read the entire thread. Trying to put air in your buddies BCD is a mistake; because he did not have air to inflate with, it was a mistake without consequences. Only use your BCD to ascent in a similar situation. As far as the air being off that’s your buddy’s problem. He should have checked his air before he re-donned his tank; not your fault. These things happen sometime when we get busy doing other things like getting the weights right.
You can walk away knowing in the future you’ll probably perform even better. Good job.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom