outstanding socal conditions.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MaxBottomtime:
Two words...E Bay. :D

That's a good idea Phil - not sure my wife would understand $2,500 more in diving gear right after buying all our start up gear in May!

John

I paid over $1800 for a new DUI TLS350 and it leaked 98% of the dives. I replaced it with a $230 Ebay special and now stay pretty dry on every dive. No leaks, just sweat and condensation. I don't miss the boots full of cold water diving at all.

What size are you --- I may have a solution for you -- it would not be $230 -- but it would not be $2500 either.

Kimber

TekDiveGirl:
What size are you --- I may have a solution for you -- it would not be $230 -- but it would not be $2500 either.

Kimber

5' 11" 195 lbs. Usually take a large. At 31 dives, I'm still struggling occasionally with bouyancy, and yesterday I did the crappiest giant stride entry since my OW class.... is it wise to switch to dry now?

Hrmmm --- we may need to talk. If you are seriously thinking about it --- I will go check what size the DS in my garage is.

I switched at less than 10 dives to a drysuit. There is no better time than the present in my opinion. Diving wet sucks. I only do it when I am working on the boat DMing and working with the sharks as I have no choice.

Kimber

Thanks Kimber. Let me think about it for a day or two and get back to you. Judging from your profile pic though, I can say with absolute positivity that we are not the same size. Too many nachos here!

John

wetrat:
Thanks Kimber. Let me think about it for a day or two and get back to you. Judging from your profile pic though, I can say with absolute positivity that we are not the same size. Too many nachos here!

John

Well m'dear -- don't judge a book by it's cover -- it wasn't my drysuit! (-;

Kimber

Back
Top Bottom