Over The Counter Sudafed Sends Utah Woman To Jail In Mexico

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I heard they are AMAZING. Please mail the prescription.

Can I bring it next month? It's going to take you a while to find a pharmacy that both carries it and participates with your insurance, anyway. There's no way I'm going to bat for a prior authorization if one is needed, though and I'll bet... say, your left ventricle one will be needed.

I once asked for pseudoephedrine (Sudafed) at a Cozumel farmacia. It was not available.

But I agree; this was a shakedown. Pseudoephedrine is a precursor to methamphetamine, so it's being cracked down on most places, but a few tablets isn't enough to do anything with.

yes, but the OTC version doesn't have the part of the medicine that is used for making meth.

To get the "full blown" version of Sudafed in the U.S., you have to go to the pharmacy counter and ask for it, and are only allowed to buy so much.

I am bringing it with me in June and will put it in a pill bottle labeled: UNICORN FARTS.

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

yes, but the OTC version doesn't have the part of the medicine that is used for making meth.

To get the "full blown" version of Sudafed in the U.S., you have to go to the pharmacy counter and ask for it, and are only allowed to buy so much.
OTC (over the counter) means available without prescription, and although you have to present ID and sign for straight pseudoephedrine to be brought to you, it's still OTC.

And some stuff out on the shelves has pseudoephedrine in it, but as I understand it the extra ingredients interfere with the meth making chemistry.

If that's all that needs to be done, why not add the ingredient and ltvus buy it off the shelf?

OTC (over the counter) means available without prescription, and although you have to present ID and sign for straight pseudoephedrine to be brought to you, it's still OTC.

And some stuff out on the shelves has pseudoephedrine in it, but as I understand it the extra ingredients interfere with the meth making chemistry.
Speaking of the US status only. Sudafed PE and like products with phenlephrine are OTC while Sudafed with pseudophedrine is actually BTC (behind the counter).

Nothing with the active ingredient pseudoephrine is OTC, even combination drugs such as Claritin D. I believe this is a Federal law now.

I call the Behind The Counter to avoid cofusion.

Aside from calling it BTC, in some states prescriptions are required - or so I've been told. I remember one news story of a lady who bought some in a no-script state with the intention of taking it to a script-required state getting busted.

I don't think so. I think that any med containing PSE is BTC only, prescription in some states.

If that's all that needs to be done, why not add the ingredient and ltvus buy it off the shelf?
Huh? "Itvus"...? See, I still got confused.
dancing-banana-homer-simpson-smiley-emoticon.gif

Speaking of the US status only. Sudafed PE and like products with phenlephrine are OTC while Sudafed with pseudophedrine is actually BTC (behind the counter).

Nothing with the active ingredient pseudoephrine is OTC, even combination drugs such as Claritin D. I believe this is a Federal law now.
Yep, that's my understanding, with some states, counties, and/or cities having even stronger rules. I can only buy 24 tabs/week in Lubbock, which is fortunately more than I generally take - but I like to keep well stocked in case of supply problems, so I get a box every trip - up to 300 on hand. I don't think that Texas currently has a maximum on hand allowed, but some states do - so just in case.
dance.gif

"Itvus" is my smartphone's selection for "just" when I've made some kind of typo.:confused:

I've scored! I'm hooked up! Meeting my dealer, um, my supplier, um, my um, this person I'm acquainted with, later this week upon their return from the US!! Woohoo.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom