Over work, need holiday... where?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bracko

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
hi,

I've not had a proper holiday in over a year now and wouldn't mind taking some leave. I'm located in Adelaide Australia and am happy to fly most places within say 6 hours to somewhere warm to dive for a week or so, but don't want to break the bank or leave grossly underwhelmed.

I've dived Komodo, Palau, Truk, Red Sea and Coral Sea as well as my old town Sydney so somewhere around that calibre would be nice.

any ideas? of the people that have dived those regions how does Fiji stack up? what islands would be cheap for a single diver yet decent diving? (almost impossible, I know, but thought I would ask)

hi,

I've not had a proper holiday in over a year now and wouldn't mind taking some leave. I'm located in Adelaide Australia and am happy to fly most places within say 6 hours to somewhere warm to dive for a week or so, but don't want to break the bank or leave grossly underwhelmed.

I've dived Komodo, Palau, Truk, Red Sea and Coral Sea as well as my old town Sydney so somewhere around that calibre would be nice.

any ideas? of the people that have dived those regions how does Fiji stack up? what islands would be cheap for a single diver yet decent diving? (almost impossible, I know, but thought I would ask)

Go Solomons. Only 3 hrs from Brisbane, $600 return flight. Head to Munda or Uepi.Munda is a bit cheaper for accom. Great diving at Munda, wrecks,hard corals, sharks,caves...

Have you dived Byron Bay? It's a beautiful place, easy to get to, takes your money and speaks your language :) The diving was amazing . . . Search on threads started by AussieByron for some examples of what you can see there. I'd go back in a heartbeat, if it weren't halfway around the world!

Try Tulamben in Bali, excellent diving and cheap.
I was going to say the same. It's on my bucket list after reading an article about it recently. What a beautiful island!

How about Africa? I loved the Pemba Island Livaboard that I did in 2006.

^^ I'm prepared to be wrong on this, but I don't think diving in Zanibar would be comparitevely cheap!

I've dived bryon bay before in summer, but went there on family holidays as a child for many years, so while it would be good to go there, I don't see it really as a "get away from everything for a while" place. Plus what's happened to the little town I remember is boardering on tragic.

Fish rock/SW rocks is something I've considered, but it's almost as expensive to get there as it is to get on a plane here and flying to Bali!

Solomen islands, a great suggestion, I didn't realise it was so inexpensive. thanks :)

Solomons is not cheap, especially the options suggested.

If you haven't been to Bali, go there!
It's often underrated and many assume it's not as good as Bunaken or other places around Indonesia. This is wrong according to the travel agent who was diving with us today and has been discovering diving in Bali for the last week after numerous trips in Southeast Asia...

Naigani Island Beach Resort in Fiji would fit the bill nicely. Excellent diving that is value priced. I am their Rep in the US but I can help you with arrangement as well if you are interested.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom