OW/AOD/DM/AI/Instructor Certification

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There are old Divers, and there are Bold Divers, But there are no Old Bold Divers......

As i always say (but i most likely will get Flameballs thrown at me for this...) Certified Doesn't mean Qualified.........

Unfortunately, that seems to be the case in too many circumstances. :depressed:

"Just because you've taken the class, doesn't mean you're qualified to do the dive."
-- Ninja Diver

Then why take the class to begin with?

Setting us up for an argument in logical fallacy? Taking the class doesn’t mean you aren’t qualified either.
Atomic Diver nailed it I think but I am not the person who originally said it. Perhaps we should ask Ninja Diver for his musings on the quote. For me, it just means that I approach every new diver I encounter with a bit of caution and really only trust myself.

something I added in another thread..that i think might be useful here:

We are ALL Student divers, because we are always learning, and if anyone was not open to learning more We would ALL be in trouble...anyone that has Attitudes such as:

1. Antiauthority ("Don't tell me!") - Don't like anyone telling him/her what to do. Resentful of rules & regulations.
2. Impulsivity ("Do something - do it now!") - Need to do something, anything, quickly. Don't stop to think about better alternatives.

3. Invulnerability ("It won't happen to me.") - Accidents happen to other people, not to me. Therefore, I can take chances.

4. Macho ("I can do it.") - Always trying to prove themselves better than others. Take risks and try to impress others. Yes, women, too!

5. Resignation ("What's the use?") - I really can't make a difference. It's going to happen anyway, why bother? Leave actions to others.

can be considered Hazardous (even more so in this unforgiving enviroment)...the attitudes are very Hazardous, and most likely will end up resulting in highly unwelcome results..

Back
Top Bottom