OW certification in Nassau/Paradise Island?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

raviepoo

Contributor
Reaction score
in exile in the Pennsyltucky Archipellago
# of dives
500 - 999
My sister would like to do her open water certification in Nassau next month. I would have dragged her over to Dive Dive Dive but I see that they have closed. I've contacted Stuarrt Cove's and Paradise Divers. One has gotten back to me. The other has not. Are there any other options on island to complete the PADI online learning OW cert in Nassau? A scuba school? An independant instructor?

I would suggest she do her aademic/confined water requirements near home and then take a referral to complete the 4 ow training dives on Nassau.Stuart Coves should be fine<though I would not suggest Nassau as a location for someone to complete their ow dives there.

I'm in UK currently but will have a word with a few independant PADI instructors when i get back (3rd Jan) and PM you some details if that's not too late.

I'm interested, Oly 50 50 you wouldn't recommend Nas for bad reasons? or you just know somewhere better?

Dude, it's 1000% better than the local quarry.

as I said there should be no problems completing dives on Nassau.Its just that if the student has issues with larger animals or depth moe than 40' it would not be as easy as other locations.All depends on the individuals needs and wants.I have a great time whenever I am there.

Fair comment Oly. There are lots of shallower (<40') places too. I OW'd and AOW'd just off clifton pier max depth 30' till you get 800 yds off the shore and are over the wall. Then it's 6500+ and a very effective training aid for your students buoyancy control :-O
It's also true that you cant odds what'll swim by. I've seen Reef Shark, Eagle rays, sting rays and large turtles in this area. Whilst on AOW a four foot Baracuda "had a go" at one of the D'rings of our instructord BCD. Laugh!
S'still gonna beat that Quarry hands down! :)

Anyone know of any dive shops that do bubblemaker or seal team for kids? She did it in Curacao last time, it this now will dictate where we get to go diving next time!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom