Oxy Mach V vs. Halcyon Eclipse Wings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Halycon I have never used but I have seen them up close beside my Mach V. What I notice immediantly is that the Halycon material are thin compared to the Oxy. The second thing I noticed was the larger and wider front section and especially behind the head/neck/shoulder area the Halycon is wider. It seems it is biased to forward lift whereas most of the new sleek mini wings are biased to lift towards the hips and have a narrow top section and the lower section is wider.

I prefer my modified STA over any other at the moment, a modified DiveRite. Noticing my Mach V, it stays tucked in tight and there is no taco effect. I look at the Halycon and I see it tacoed---slightly. I guess if you cannot get a Oxy Mach V then a Halycon would do. They (H) need to update their design and put it on a diet. Their Jet Fin spring straps are POC and so is their warranty. Their attitude was we are so good you must have broken them, no, they are plastic and are defective in design.

N

The Halycon I have never used but I have seen them up close beside my Mach V. What I notice immediantly is that the Halycon material are thin compared to the Oxy.
N

My shop sells Halycon and Oxy, and I compared their bladders side by side. Oxy is definitely seemed thicker to me.

Back
Top Bottom