Oxycheq Mach 5 is the most unsafe???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've just bought the Oxycheq #30. Do you think that this OPV issue was just a single batch or is this a permanent issue? Do I need to buy an extra OPV and change it before I start using it?

If you bought a new wing then it will have the upgraded hardware. However, owning an extra OPV and elbow kit, especially for vacation trips, is not a bad idea.

Do you know if there are any video or pic tutorials on how to replace OPV?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post Merged at 04:05 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 03:01 PM ----------

Never mind I've just dismantled OPV on my jacket. It's easy. The only thing is, that the OPV base is welded on the bladder. Do you know if that is the case with oxycheq wings. I've read somewhere on this forum that Dive Rite wings have OPV base welded also.

My scuba instructor told me that a Conshelf 21 was a piece of crap even though he sold it. The reason? It was on sale for half off ($99 1st and second) so he would not get a commission. The marketing strategy of the shop was to run killer deals and then have the salesperson try to upsale you. I had a standard snorkel for the class and rather than showing me how to use it properly he said it was trash and sold me a new one. When I asked how to mount it he said I needed a quick release which broke after the second dive and I nearly lost my expensive snorkel. He also sold me an octo holder which would not work with the mouthpiece. This guy was not a douche canoe but a douche tanker.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom