P Valve Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I still can't mentally grasp how the she-p actually forms a good seal......one of our female divers on here should post a picture of a properly attached she-p:)

How did you get so many dives while still in Junior High for heavens sake.

There is plenty of detailed information, tastefully conveyed on the web and in the womens area of the board.

Base on my wife's experieince I can say that results do vary, makes me glad I'm a male.

Pete

Wow Pete, encounter sarcasm very much?

Some people find it easier to pee through a pee valve than others. And there is sometimes a learning curve, where people find it difficult to keep swimming while peeing. We developed a hand signal to let our teammates know why we were stopping (this was for cave diving).

If you see someone on a shore dive just leave the group and walk into knee-deep water and stand there, you have a pretty shrewd idea of what they are doing.

One of my friends had the habit to just let it flow without warning, anywhere, everywhere. Pre-dive briefing during cave-class, let it flow... eating a sandwich during a surface interval, let it flow. Us in dry-suits couldn't care less, but we had some non-diving friends with and they couldn't get their head around the fact that we would be peeing on our "clothes". :D

First off, are you saying you aborted a PPB dive for the sake of not whizzing in your wetsuit?

Pete

No, I was diving in a drysuit so whizzing was not an option ;-). Not able to dive in a wetsuit where I am.

Thanks for the replies. Did not want to become a diving outcast for breaking any unwritten when / where peeing rules ;-)

Back
Top Bottom