P1 open yet?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lunaire

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Anybody got an update of peacock 1? Planning a dive there next week.

Also, anybody want to be the 3rd diver in the dive team is welcomed. Rule of 6th, but we'll dive all day.

It’s not open, as of Wednesday. Last I heard from Nick Brown was that they are getting close but just don’t know when it will be done - it depends on the contractors’ availability and on FEMA, they’re having to document everything and it’s slow-going.

Head’s up, though, dive Orange Grove while you can - once Peacock reopens they are planning to close Orange Grove (temporarily) to replace the stairs.

It’s not open, as of Wednesday. Last I heard from Nick Brown was that they are getting close but just don’t know when it will be done - it depends on the contractors’ availability and on FEMA, they’re having to document everything and it’s slow-going.

Head’s up, though, dive Orange Grove while you can - once Peacock reopens they are planning to close Orange Grove (temporarily) to replace the stairs.
I went to OG a few weekends ago and it was a total crap shoot - no parking spaces anywhere and a quite large OW crowd. I paid $4 to turn around....

Troy is a much, much better spot for them, too.

I think I saw a report that it was still browned out.

Yes, I stopped by Troy on Wednesday - it is still browned out, with “no swimming” signs posted. Water is over the deck and a little ways up the ramp…

It would relieve a lot of pressure on OG if Troy and Royal would reopen. (Royal has cleared but steps are closed for repairs, so no real dive access).

Attachments

• IMG_3278.jpeg
    IMG_3278.jpeg
    228.8 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_3264.jpeg
    IMG_3264.jpeg
    232.4 KB · Views: 25
Any updates? Would not mind hitting P1 in early April...

Not open as of 3/16/2024.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom