Pacific Northwest

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you Doc. I believe that the P.Northwest offers great challenges to advance one's diving abilities. I want to become very confident in basic skill required in this region. I have to temper my desire to just get out and dive and strive to be as proficient and safe as possible. Then, hit the sunny locations and relax!!

Doc Intrepid:
Welcome to SB. I've been away from the PNW for awhile, but will be back next month. Getting the drysuit was a pretty good move for diving in Puget Sound and points north, you'll be more comfortable I'm sure. If you've not dived in these areas previously, like Jack said, some sort of intro might be advisable...it can be challenging, often due to tidal swings. Hope that I'll see you out at one of the many local dive sites!

Meanwhile, something like this can come in handy...
http://www.toolworks.com/bilofsky/tidetool/

on an inexpensive, older Palm...use it to plan your dives, even out on the boat or at the site. Divers have run into trouble in Puget Sound not knowing what the tides were doing. Dive safe.

Regards,

Doc

Welcome aboard to the Pacific-Northwest. I am from Portland and make frequest visits to the Tacoma area to certify my students. Friday I was called out to do a search and recovery where the water temp was 35 degrees. It got pretty chilly after about a hour............................major drysiut diving.

Happy Holidays and Safe Diving

xtasea....Pacific Northwest..Brrrrr...Welcome and please stay warm...

Back
Top Bottom