Package Deal or DIY?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you want to take the chance-----wait a week or so before buying a funjet ticket. They will lower the price when the departure date gets close and they still have many seats. Prices will go down starting 30 days prior to departure and continue to go down untill they fill up. Problem is you take the chance of not going if they fill up before you buy. A good travel agent can find out how many seats open on the plane and you can decide then if you want to wait a week or so. Watch the web site 3 times a day--Wed. and Mon. for sure, that seems to be the days they discount in Chicago. I've gotten tickets this time of year 7 days prior for $99 plus tax in the past. Sept and Oct. are really good for the last min. discounts. Just remember that as soon as a really good fare hits the website the seats fill and then there gone. You must check min. 3 times a day. I've seen the fare go from 379 in the am. to 249 at noon then back to 379 in the pm. because they sold many at discount and figure the remaining few they can sell at regular price.

Hi Lou! That idea sounds great, but the longer I wait, the less chance of booking a hotel & dive experience.

I have an opportunity to go to the Hotel Cozumel Resort (all-inclusive), including airfare from Dallas, 8 day/7 night room, food & drinks, shuttle from airport, etc... two people for 1509.

Thoughts? I searched for Hotel Cozumel Resort. Found it on the net, but no reviews here that I could find.

-Lawrence

When are you trying to go, and how flexible are you? I have noticed that Funjet's prices are very sensitive to what days you want to fly. A couple of days either way, can make a big difference. For example, leaving August 5th from DFW, returning on the 12th is $209, but if you change it to leaving on August 4th, it jumps to $289.

Lawrence914:
Hi Lou! That idea sounds great, but the longer I wait, the less chance of booking a hotel & dive experience.

True enough in general, but this time of year things are usually not crowded.

DallasNewbie:
When are you trying to go, and how flexible are you? I have noticed that Funjet's prices are very sensitive to what days you want to fly. A couple of days either way, can make a big difference. For example, leaving August 5th from DFW, returning on the 12th is $209, but if you change it to leaving on August 4th, it jumps to $289.

Maybe I'm pricing tickets at the wrong place. Expedia had tickets on August 5th, non-stop to Coz listed at 350.

I just looked at Expedia and saw the same thing. Go to www.funjet.com and you can book directly with them. It looks like Expedia is including all of the taxes and fees, which Funjet adds on top. So the final price is close, but for some reason (probably commision) the price with funjet is about $50 cheaper.

Check out our website - http://seahorse.home.texas.net for info on Roberta's Dive-Eco Cozumel. (The same one that someone else has mentioned in this thread) You'll not be dissapointed. If you're interested, email me at info@ranchmartsaddletree.com and I'll get you in touch with Roberta and Robert. We've been freinds for years and they run a first class operation at very reasonable prices. It is not a 5 star hotel, but is clean, comfortable, air conditioned, free breakfast, nice pool, near downtown, and dive op is across the street. *** Funjet is the way to go!
Jeff

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom