Packing, Travel and Diving Tips for the SB SURGE 2024 to the Philippines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I bought one of the Bestek converters. From the picture of the outlet it looks like we won't need any of the adaptors that came with it? Is that correct?

Sorry if I missed this in your posting, Roxanne. Does the resort offer laundry services? And I'm presuming super casual clothing is all we need, correct???

I will arrive a day early to explore the city if anyone else is doing the same dm me.
also, is the 70lbs domestic checked limit for one bag or total? Are you saying we need to tell them beforehand if we care going to be over.

I will arrive a day early to explore the city if anyone else is doing the same pm me.
also, is the 70lbs domestic checked limit for one bag or total? Are you saying we need to tell them beforehand if we care going to be over.
Total checked weight, 1 bag or a combination of 2.
Yes, you'll let them know at the resort I believe midweek, if you need to pay for additional weight for the domestic flight between resorts.

Do you have an idea of how much in US dollars to bring for tips?
Tipping is personal. Some folks have money to spare and some are on a budget.
For myself, I use the same amount you would normally tip per dive in the Caribbean and multiply that by the number of dives you think you'll do times 2 weeks. You'll also have excursions to consider.
Atlantis will do a lot of extra lifting and carrying of your gear as well. So, I tend to tip more than usual.
Hope that helps.

so this might be silly but coming from NY I will have winter clothes. Will holding a winter coat on the domestic flight count as a carry or personal item?

so this might be silly but coming from NY I will have winter clothes. Will holding a winter coat on the domestic flight count as a carry or personal item?
No, I don't believe so. You can always slip it on saying you get really cold. :wink:

If you're arriving at the airport in your car, I would leave the jacket there. You might want to opt for a couple of extra layers instead of the winter coat if you can get by with it. It will be very bulky for you the whole trip to shuffle around.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom