Packing, Travel and Diving Tips for the SB SURGE 2024 to the Philippines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello Crew,

I just wanted to update everyone on the Philippines government luggage and regulator regulations.
It is no longer necessary to pack your regulators in your checked luggage. So you may carry them where you wish.

Sorry for the confusion,
See everyone soon!
Thanks so much for the clarification. I'd much prefer to carry on regulators. But with the regulators, camera and accessories, and various other delicate objects it's not likely to be under 15 pounds! Would there be a problem paying extra at the gate to bring that over weight bag on board? And if we do pay extra for an overweight bag will they accept an American credit card?

Also, thanks so much for the video on tipping in the Philippines. It was very helpful. :cheers:

Thanks so much for the clarification. I'd much prefer to carry on regulators. But with the regulators, camera and accessories, and various other delicate objects it's not likely to be under 15 pounds! Would there be a problem paying extra at the gate to bring that over weight bag on board? And if we do pay extra for an overweight bag will they accept an American credit card?

Also, thanks so much for the video on tipping in the Philippines. It was very helpful. :cheers:
They will accept an American card. Hopefully, they won't know your bag is overweight. I don't know what else to tell you other than what I already have. It's just tough when you have scuba and camera gear. Do your best to be creative with packing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom